Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

moOde 8.3.7 is available in the Media Player OS section of the Raspberry Pi Imager or as a direct download at https://moodeaudio.org. Visit the Forum for more information https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=5966&pid=49872#pid49872

-Tim

moode-r800.png

I've been trying to install moode on my rpi4 with no success. Installation itself seems fine and I get the the home screen just fine. I then go into settings and start changing things like name and time zone and I do not see a save button. If I go to audio settings and MPD and I click save after making some changes, the interface becomes unresponsive. It doesn't load any settings and all I can do is sit on the home screen. Restart or power down does not work either. I get a message that the system is busy and I should try again later. I can clearly see that it has some sort of network traffic as the activity led flashes very fast and the browser on my laptop eats all my cpu if I open the mood page. This is really annoying as I can't do anything about it. All I cand do is to flash the image again and start from the beginning but I get to the same point. What am I missing? It looks like the moode os is hammering the network and whatever device is connected to it. I use a rpi4 with 4GB of ram, a D50s DAC connected in usb and ethernet cable to my router. Any help is highly appreciated.

I recently switched to MoOde and I'm still learning all the details of it. I really like the auto restart and the consume features.
I was using volumio, and I know there should not be any difference but my music really seems to sound Better with moOde.

I find myself listening to music for hours on end now whereas before (with volumio) I did not listen as long (listener fatigue?)
All the hardware and files are the same so it seems impossible for there to be a difference but still it just seems to sound better.

I very much struggle configuring Moode Audio 8.3.7 as a DLNA/UPnP renderer only.

I have a Synology DLNA/UPnP server in my home network and 6 Raspberry Pi's of which 5 running Moode 5.3.1 and 1 running Moode 7.0.1. These devices work perfectly for almost 4 years now. I do not use the Moode GUI but instead use a BubbleUPnP app on my android devices.

So the setup is basically a classic UPnP/DLNA setup with:
  • A Media server (Synology NAS)
  • 6 Media renderers (Raspberry Pi's with Moode)
  • 4 Media controllers (Android devices with BubbleUPnP app)
Yesterday I tried to install Moode 5.3.1 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with no luck: the device is not starting up and does not ask my router for an IP-address.
So I downloaded the imager_1.8.3.exe and installed Moode 8.3.7. from there. Now the Pi get's an IP-address and I can connect to it.

But how can I configure Moode 8.3.7 as a DLNA/UPnP renderer only? I checked all setting pages but did not find anything.

Best regards, Mike

m → Configure → Renderers
Yesterday I installed the 64-bit version and nothing showed up on m → Configure → Renderers. Even the GUI froze.
Maybe this is caused by some older Hifiberry DAC+ Pro hats that i'm using.

Today I installed the 32-bit version and now I do see the DLNA settings under m → Configure → Renderers. :)

Thank you for your response.

Yesterday I installed the 64-bit version and nothing showed up on m → Configure → Renderers. Even the GUI froze.
That sounds like what happens if you don't use the newer installation method detailed in the setup instructions, the old way using Etcher no longer works, and you do have to create a userid and password etc as detailed Iin the revised instructions.

The 64-bit version works with the DAC+ Pro, and DAC 2 Pro HiFiBerry HATs that I use.

That said, you can certainly use the 32-bit version with no penalty.

Hello Everyone,

Okay. Totally stupid question here:

Moode should automatically recognize USB flash drives, correct?

I am running Moode 8.1.2 on a Pi3B.

Streams and radio work just fine, but today I wanted to mount a flash drive with some old music on it and I can't get it to recognize anything USB. Tried various memory stick/Flash/thumb drives formatted FAT32 or ExFAT. Tried an SSD formatted ExFat and one formatted NTFS. Nothing shows up after updating the library--Not even empty folders.

I'm thinking I might need to do a clean install, but before I do, is there something obvious I missed?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
John

I'll answer my own question.

Yes, Moode should automatically recognize USB storage devices. And no, a memory stick does not require a powered USB hub.

I just installed a fresh copy of 8.3.7 and everything works fine!
I guess my old OS was corrupted.

I got a 500gb uSD card for $26 and a USB adapter for $10. Crazy that a tiny chip like that can hold 1/2 terabyte of music.