Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Is there a way to change the displayed order of albums for two
albums by the same artist that are released in the same year?

Example:
The Artist Yes has two albums released in 1971
'The Yes Album' in February 1971, and 'Fragile' in November 1971

They are currently displayed with 'Fragile' first then 'The Yes Album' second
(since they are sorted first by Year and then alphabetically.)

Is it possible to reverse the displayed order?

I just tried using special characters in front of the album name and that did not work.

Looking at the 'Album view sort' (as well as Tag view Sort) the options are:
by Album
by Artist
by Artist/Year
by Year

So it appears that it does not currently sort by Artist/Year/Name.

So it looks like if an 'Artist/Year/Name' option was added then it would work.

Thank you

Tag view has an "Album/year" sort option but in any case I have the same problem with some of my albums for example several of the Beatles albums were released in same year but different months.

I think this can be solved by adding the month to the Date tag in just the Albums that need it. For the rest of the albums in the collection yhe code can default the Date YYYY00. The date would always be displayed as YYYY as it is currently. Something like that.

Ill add to the TODO list to investigate.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,
i have some pcbs from moode mudio ProtoDAC left (I think it is RevB).
If you are interested please send me a message, sorry no UK (too much customs formalities / shipping costs)
IMG_0352.jpeg

Hi all! I'm quite happily using an Infeneon Merus MA12070 board off of AliExpress on a RPi3B. The driver for the MA12070 seems to be the same between Raspbian, Volumio and mo0de, and so I was expecting them to work the same in terms of that. However, under Volumio, I'm offered hardware volume control, whereas mo0de only does software volume control. On the other hand, I can choose which of the chip's hardware output filters to use (which Volumio doesn't offer).

Can somebody shed some light on where that difference might come from?

And: is there a way to get hardware volume control working under mo0de for the MA12070?

Works fine with alsamixer. I'd open a PR but wasn't quickly able to find where it looks for pvolume...? Changing the pvolume string in /var/www/util/sysutil.sh to volume and rebooting didn't do the trick unfortunately.

By the way, here's the link to the amp board I got: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002663447444.html. Perhaps there are slightly different revisions of MA12070 and the hat described at https://github.com/Infineon/merus-audio-amp-hat-zw uses a different one. This is what I have set up as the DAC in mo0de - these are unfortunately not being produced anymore. I also tried the merus-amp DP overlay. That worked, as well, but was lacking the hardware filter settings. Perhaps there could be something called Generic MA120x0 amplifier with built-in DAC?

Last edited:
A.Mstr Vol works.
B.L Vol works.
C.R Vol works.
D.Lim thre works (not sure what exactly it does, though).
Card (top left corner) is snd_rpi_merus_amp.
Chip (right underneath) is empty.

What distinguishes my board from the Hat also linked to above is that it doesn't expose MSEL0, /ERROR and /CLIP pins, if that matters in any way. Like the Hat, for lack of a master clock pin on the RasPi's pin header, I also chose to connect MCLK to BCLK.