Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

1. Open MPD config and set SoX resampling to Bit depth = 24.

Thanks, i do not know why (because the Audioquest Dragonfly can up to and not only 24 Bit), but it works very well. This solved my problem!
On my PC (based on Arch-Kernel) i got never problems with the same files.
The formatting in the next line of your dump is corrupted - missing space character in the time block - look at the alignment

The full dump is appended with another fragment of the dump.

Could perhaps the dump you uploaded have been edited/incomplete?
I have not edited the dump, i just copied the dump from console, but it is truly strange. I saved the dump as .txt, it is to 100% the same. It must be incomplete, but why copied the last line and stopped in middle of the pre last?! I do not know, but the bit depth setting solved my problem.

Thank you all for the help!

Thanks, i do not know why (because the Audioquest Dragonfly can up to and not only 24 Bit), but it works very well. This solved my problem!
On my PC (based on Arch-Kernel) i got never problems with the same files.

I have not edited the dump, i just copied the dump from console, but it is truly strange. I saved the dump as .txt, it is to 100% the same. It must be incomplete, but why copied the last line and stopped in middle of the pre last?! I do not know, but the bit depth setting solved my problem.

Thank you all for the help!
Hello Keksianer, Hello Phofman,
The problem related to strange log could be due to a shortage of the tty(ssh) emulator buffer: could you please try to increase it ?
Best regards,
Francesco

Very interesting, I have never met a problem with an incomplete dump like that. But I always use linux as my main system so maybe that's the reason.

Still IMO the missed xhci error details could be useful to see, but maybe just unplugged USB device while running or stuff like that. Yeah, failed snd_pcm_hw_params() is most likely due to the player trying to use hw params unsupported by the audio device (i.e. any of sample format, samplerate, channel count, buffer/period size).

Very interesting, I have never met a problem with an incomplete dump like that. But I always use linux as my main system so maybe that's the reason.

Still IMO the missed xhci error details could be useful to see, but maybe just unplugged USB device while running or stuff like that. Yeah, failed snd_pcm_hw_params() is most likely due to the player trying to use hw params unsupported by the audio device (i.e. any of sample format, samplerate, channel count, buffer/period size).
As i said: is use Garuda (Arch)-Linux, idk what happenend. But i am wondering why the snd_pcm_hw_params() not appeard on my pc (Audioquest Dragonfly is an USB-DAC). I used the same files, maybe it is an hardware Issue with Raspi and Dragonfly, whatever it works and now i am happy about it.
Thanks for the input.

Garuda probably uses a different kernel version and ALSA configuration then what is used in moOde 8.0.2. Check out our Master Development Guide https://moodeaudio.org. There is an Audio Infrastructure doc that shows the ALSA config. The main files are _audioout.conf and _sndaloop.conf and are located in /etc/alsa/conf.d/

Btw if you want a moOde Forum account just email Tim at moodeaudio dot org with your preferred user id and I'll set one up for you. Thats where most of the troubleshooting and support happens.

Can anyone share a success story involving Moode Audio + Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W + wifi streaming + bluetooth?

I am unable to get clean sound when I connect the Zero to BT speakers - I get only crackling / choppy playing.

I found there are some issues with wifi / bt interference, but no specific workaround.
which DAC board are you using, and how are you powering it.

Can anyone share a success story involving Moode Audio + Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W + wifi streaming + bluetooth?

I am unable to get clean sound when I connect the Zero to BT speakers - I get only crackling / choppy playing.

I found there are some issues with wifi / bt interference, but no specific workaround.
I believe that is an unsupported use case, Moode is only a Bluetooth receiver, it does not operate in Bluetooth transmit mode.

So you can connect to the Zero 2W via Bluetooth from a phone/tablet/computer as the transmitter, but Moode does not have any Bluetooth Tx protocol to use with external speakers to the best of my knowledge, it's Rx only.

I believe that is an unsupported use case, Moode is only a Bluetooth receiver, it does not operate in Bluetooth transmit mode.

So you can connect to the Zero 2W via Bluetooth from a phone/tablet/computer as the transmitter, but Moode does not have any Bluetooth Tx protocol to use with external speakers to the best of my knowledge, it's Rx only.
Hey Mikey,

Sorry, I also may be wrong but if I remember correctly I was using my BlueTooth headphones with Moode to listen to music, it was some time back we need to use the older method to pair devices.

I know for sure that KODI does it both ways and supports a lot of DAC boards.

Hey Mikey,

Sorry, I also may be wrong but if I remember correctly I was using my BlueTooth headphones with Moode to listen to music, it was some time back we need to use the older method to pair devices.

Very possible I'm wrong as I don't use Moode/Raspberry Pi with Bluetooth, but I don't recall it being a transmitter, or my memory of that might be from a very old version of Moode.

Hey there fellow Moode users. I've been using Moode for quite a while, first with HifiBerry and now with a Topping E50 DAC. I also use Camillo DSP, but I was wondering;

My Raspberry Pi 4 has a 3.5MM output, could (or has?) Moode implement a LFE/Subwoofer or just channel 3/4 output using the onboard audio of the PI4, in conjunction with the USB DAC? This way I could have my DSP tailored for my main channel, but then also apply a curve to a completely different channel for the subwoofer.

Hey Mikey,

Bluetooth headphones / speakers include their own DAC. Connecting to BT headphone / speakers requires no additional DAC on Pi.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there fellow Moode users. I've been using Moode for quite a while, first with HifiBerry and now with a Topping E50 DAC. I also use Camillo DSP, but I was wondering;

My Raspberry Pi 4 has a 3.5MM output, could (or has?) Moode implement a LFE/Subwoofer or just channel 3/4 output using the onboard audio of the PI4, in conjunction with the USB DAC? This way I could have my DSP tailored for my main channel, but then also apply a curve to a completely different channel for the subwoofer.

This is currently a rabbit hole, the moode forum is pretty shy on multi-channel solutions out of the pi, especially with dsp. There has been discussion of more moode/dsp developments in upcoming releases. Some possibilities include hdmi extraction or multi-channel DACs. Look over at ASR, they have discussions about using creative usb multi channel sound card with moode/dsp/5.1 etc.

Last edited:
I am running the latest version of Moode 8 on Pi 4, Allo DigiOne and an attached LCD. I am seeing behavior I do not understand, the UI/browser seems to reboot itself on occasion, and/or wakeup regularly when the streamer is not in use. In one case while actively streaming, the UI disappeared from the LCD and screenful of messages appeared and the UI reappeared, with no interruption to the stream. Guessing this is just an issue with the browser restarting for some reason. Not a big deal, however when the streamer is not in use, either this reboot sequence is occurring or the screen is waking up for no apparent reason. Being in the room where I sleep, the LCD really lights things up. Not a big deal, but curious if this is a known issue and if there is a means to control it.

This is currently a rabbit hole, the moode forum is pretty shy on multi-channel solutions out of the pi, especially with dsp. There has been discussion of more moode/dsp developments in upcoming releases. Some possibilities include hdmi extraction or multi-channel DACs. Look over at ASR, they have discussions about using creative usb multi channel sound card with moode/dsp/5.1 etc.

Multi-channel solutions for the Pi in general are mostly limited to using the HDMI output or a multi-channel USB devices. Using multiple output devices at the same time, will be far from optimal because it will result in unsynchronized playback.

Use multi-channel with muti-channel devices isn't that hard with moOde and only concerns changing the CamilladDSP configuration.
See for example the article moOde + CamillaDSP + multichannel output.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, moOde 8.1.0 is available for download in both 64-bit and 32-bit images. Visit the Forum for more information. https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=4896&pid=41357#pid41357

moode-r800.png

Reactions: 1 users