Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

Btw, I just uploaded a new ZIP and corrected the md5 hash. Please re-download!

rel-stretch.zip
f1f94898ee060df253d19bf0d3705d38

A way to avoid the Linux partition surgery in the first couple steps is to plug the USB stick into a Windows or Mac which should show the FAT32 boot partition. Create a file named ssh in this partition.

Remember, Stretch Lite does not ship with ssh enabled!

-Tim

Hi Tim

I have just setup 4.0 using your zip from yesterday, do I need to re-download the zip and start all over again?

All is working ok as far as I can see, and it sounds ace :)

Nick

Hi Tim - will there be some form of in place updates for MoOde 4? Including for this beta 6 - or should I wait for the full release version of 4 before building the image? Thanks Adrian

Hi,

The question was asked earlier and after giving the new FOSS model a second look, in-place updates will be definitely be possible using the mechanism thats already in place. :)

I'd say go for the build and enjoy some nice Bluetooth and Parametric EQ !!

-Tim

Last edited:
Hi Tim
Surely there must be someway of automating this install ?
I'm thinking of something like the Raspotify addon I did recently - a few simple commands and it seemed to install itself

<snip>
I'm a bit of a noob so please forgive me if this is a ludicrous suggestion

Lx

Echo this message, the recipe is appreciated but my skill sets do not lend themselves to successful end results. Automating install by any users would be most appreciated.

Excellent that there is the fallback to AP mode in 4.0. Thanks Tim.

Energyman

I don't know who we have to thank for this, meaning the stink over the GPL issue that I gather lead to the FOSS and the associated requirement to build your own image...

But, I have to say - that for the typical person interested in high performance audio - this marks the end of MoOde....

Hi,

I take responsibility for moOde so you have me to thank for this long overdue pivot to FOSS.

Other distros for example DietPi or LibreELEC can integrate moOde into their distributions. This provides an avenue for pre-made images.

If you want this to happen then post on their Twitter feeds or forums and ask them to integrate moOde. I'll be more than happy to work with them :)

-Tim

Tim,

You lost me...

So the move to FOSS had nothing to do with the GPL issue? From the outside, looking from here, it seemed that the move to FOSS was caused by the GPL issue, no?

Further, asking some one to rely on "for example DietPi or LibreELEC" distributions, seems rather speculative,... are there really enough people to cause this to happen? And, a person then has to look to them for support, when you've been so wonderful?? Again, doesn't seem too likely...

Tim,

You lost me...

So the move to FOSS had nothing to do with the GPL issue? From the outside, looking from here, it seemed that the move to FOSS was caused by the GPL issue, no?

Further, asking some one to rely on "for example DietPi or LibreELEC" distributions, seems rather speculative,... are there really enough people to cause this to happen? And, a person then has to look to them for support, when you've been so wonderful?? Again, doesn't seem too likely...

Hi,

I could still release pre-made distribution images but the workload to maintain a fully GPL compliant distro for each release is too much for me.

I'll continue to provide support for moOde right here in this thread same as always, no matter what its running on :)

DietPi and LibreELEC as examples, are fantastic platforms and super well maintained by dedicated people. Nothing to worry about here.

-Tim

Ah I didn't realise v4 was a beta (it is not obvious from the website or downloaded files)
Tim - I guess if you could release a pre-made distribution image once it reaches a full 4.0 version we could get any upgraded versions via the built in updater - no need then to go through the GPL licensing issue for each point release

is that workable ? otherwise I can see you losing most of your users

Lx