Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi @bigbear2003,

If you are not able to do steps 1 - 3 to create the super-skinny image then just boot up stock Stretch Lite and start at STEP 4.

NOTE: There is a bad link reference in step 3 of the Recipe. Please re-download!

You will need this from STEP 3.

cd ~
wget http: //moodeaudio.org/downloads/beta/r40b6/rel-stretch.zip
sudo unzip ./rel-stretch.zip

Brew a pot of your favorite Coffee or Tea and have some fav tunes playing, the build takes a while :)

-Tim

Last edited:
Just downloaded v4 and this Foss + build recipe scares the hell out of me !
Pretty sure my chances of getting through that list without error are very slim indeed
Will there be an installation image in the future ? or another way of installing ?

Lx

Hi,

Only if other distros that provide pre-made images integrate moOde.

If you want this to happen then post on their Twitter feeds or forums. I'll be more happy to work with them :)

Maybe start with DietPi and LibreELEC, two Awesome distros!

-Tim

I'm using a SD card, a Mac and are currently compiling MPD, so I don't know whether it'll all work!

However:

Do Step 1.
Write the IMG file from the zipfile via etcher.
Connect the PI over ethernet.

Boot the PI from the SD card.

Ignore Step 2.

Step 3:
1. Write the image file contained on the USB stick to an SD Card.
2. Insert the SD Card into a Raspberry Pi and POWER UP.

3. Change the current password (raspberry) to moodeaudio and the host name to moode.

login locally:

pi
raspberry

passwd

sudo sed -i "s/raspberrypi/moode/" /etc/hostname
sudo sed -i "s/raspberrypi/moode/" /etc/hosts

systemctl enable ssh
systemctl start ssh

sudo poweroff

Hi @bigbear2003,

If you are not able to do steps 1 - 3 to create the super-skinny image then just boot up stock Stretch Lite and start at STEP 4.

NOTE: There is a bad link reference in step 3 of the Recipe. Please re-download!

You will need this from STEP 3.

cd ~
wget http: //moodeaudio.org/downloads/beta/r40b6/rel-stretch.zip
sudo unzip ./rel-stretch.zip

Brew a pot of your favorite Coffee or Tea and have some fav tunes playing, the build takes a while :)

-Tim

Hi Tim, Is STEP 5 necessary?

Seems killed it (not able to boot) after STEP5 with something like VFS: Unable to mount root fs ....

Hi @bigbear2003,

Partitions are not being created, there are always 2 partitions, boot and root. Whats done in the Build Recipe is to set a specific size for root (3GB). Otherwise Stretch auto-resizes root to the size of the SD Card.

This is important when backing up that SD Card image. Better to back up 3GB than 128GB :-0 Read the Appendix in the Build Recipe.

-Tim

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

I would not be in control of what a particular distro chooses to release. I can only make the in-place updates and fixes available to them and then coordinate with the distro maintainers. This is basically how all distros work.

There are some changes that always require a new image for example moving from Jessie to Stretch which btw was a HUGE amount of work :-0

If u want moOde to be integrated into a particular distro for example DietPi, LibreELEC etc. then + post on their Twitter feed or forum. I'll be happy to work with them :) This is the only avenue for pre-made moOde images going forward.

-Tim

Tim, what happens as you incorporate minor updates in software, fix any security issues, or add new features from time to time... do we need to build again for each of those or will there be an update path ?

Hi Bob,

After thinking about it, practically speaking I could probably only provide in-place updates to maybe one or two distros. WIP

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you for what you did. I use moode audio everyday!

I would like to know that if moode 4.0 can be compiled and run on a x86_64 PC?

It will make music file copying and managing easier,I assume.

If it is possible, I would like to try it.

Hi,

moOde application sources are mostly plaintext PHP, JS and BASH scripts and thus are not compiled.

Have a look at the Build Recipe :)

-Tim