Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Tim, you've been a busy bee!

+1

I updated an RPi3b running r36 without incident even before you posted. I must have checked for an update just after you "went live".

It seemed to me that I had to reboot twice before "About" and "Sysinfo" gave me the correct answers. Other than that, everything seems to be working.

However both an RPi2b and an RPi0w running r36 failed to update properly. In both cases the update process took a while, as expected; the "Reboot required" box popped up as expected; but when rebooted they came up in anomalous, unresponsive states.

All three RPis were connected via WiFi and had adequate power.

Pulling the uSD cards and examining their contents on a Linux laptop, I noticed several odd things, among them /var/www/relnotes.txt hasn't been updated and the size of /var/local/moode.sqsh is only some 900MB rather than the ca 1.9GB I would expect. I can't mount it as a squashfs.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Kent

Oh, duh! Guess who tested the RPi2B and RPi0W with fresh r36 installations and forgot to expand their filesystems before trying to update them.

The update downloads and unzips update-r36.zip but then runs out of space while copying the new moode.sqsh to /var/local. That's why I was seeing truncated moode.sqsh files (note that I slipped my decimal points in my first message. Shoulda been ca 90MB and 190MB, not 900MB and 1.9GB).

Might I suggest updater.sh begin with a test for sufficient filesystem space so others can't accidentally poke themselves in the eye with a sharp stick the way I did?

Regards,
Kent

Oh, duh! Guess who tested the RPi2B and RPi0W with fresh r36 installations and forgot to expand their filesystems before trying to update them.

The update downloads and unzips update-r36.zip but then runs out of space while copying the new moode.sqsh to /var/local. That's why I was seeing truncated moode.sqsh files (note that I slipped my decimal points in my first message. Shoulda been ca 90MB and 190MB, not 900MB and 1.9GB).

Might I suggest updater.sh begin with a test for sufficient filesystem space so others can't accidentally poke themselves in the eye with a sharp stick the way I did?

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

Moode image is same size on any Pi so if there were an insufficient space condition for the update it would fail on all Pi's with non-expanded root partition.

None of my Pi's have expanded root partition and no issues with updates.

Not ruling out a space issue or other bug, and for sure UPDATER should be checking for available space, md5 checksum for update package, etc. Its on TODO list.

-Tim

My DAC (Arcam irDAC) has a remote control with play/stop/previous/next buttons. They worked when connected with foobar2000 on Windows. I am now using moOde, and they do not work for me. It would be very useful, especially to stop reproduction, without having to get hold of the tablet or phone.

Is there a way I can get that working? If not, are there plans to have this supported in the future?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

My DAC (Arcam irDAC) has a remote control with play/stop/previous/next buttons. They worked when connected with foobar2000 on Windows. I am now using moOde, and they do not work for me. It would be very useful, especially to stop reproduction, without having to get hold of the tablet or phone.

Is there a way I can get that working? If not, are there plans to have this supported in the future?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

Hi Javier,

I don't know but minimally you would need to solder or wire in an IR receiver on the Pi and then install / configure lirc.

-Tim

Hi sinski,
moode 3.7 remove isolated cpu core for mpd (1 core) that I found the sound different or you can experiment with 2 cores if your cpu load was too much like me.
But when I tested with my diy digi+ pro that didn't required sox upsamling, unisolated cpu core generated better sound to my ear.

Hi Javier,

I don't know but minimally you would need to solder or wire in an IR receiver on the Pi and then install / configure lirc.

-Tim

I'm afraid my question was not clear. The remote control I'd like to use is that of the USB DAC, the DAC already has an integrated IR receiver. The DAC receives the signals from its remote control, then issues commands back to the player, through the same USB connection.

I've read of the HID protocol in the Apple world. As for Windows, when my DAC was connected to my Windows PC, foobar2000 would understand those commands. So I wonder if there a standard we can use on Linux, and whether it would be compatible with moOde.

My question then is: can moOde understand play/stop/next commands sent through USB by DACs?

I hope my question is clearer now, sorry for that. And thank you for this great product, if I'm focusing on these little usability tweaks it is because making moOde work with great sound took no time at all :)

Javier