Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Tim

Are the additional chip settings already available for PCM5121 (plain dac+)?
Just tried to select something and the fields are still grayed-out.
As I remember, you've planned to implement it in new Moode.

Attachments

• pcm5121-moode3.png
    pcm5121-moode3.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 363
Tim

Are the additional chip settings already available for PCM5121 (plain dac+)?
Just tried to select something and the fields are still grayed-out.
As I remember, you've planned to implement it in new Moode.

Hi,

Yes its implemented but a bug is preventing the options from being enabled for PCM5121.

Will be fixed in first in-place update :)

-Tim

Hi,

Looks like there is a bug in the Squeezelite systemd service file that can cause CPU to peg. I'll post an in-place update later this week for this and any other bugs that pop up.

In the meantime:

1) sudo nano /lib/systemd/system/squeezelite.service

change

CPUSchedulingPolicy=fifo

to

CPUSchedulingPolicy=rr

2) sudo systemctl daemon-reload

-Tim

Tim, this fixed the problem I reported earlier. Enjoying squeezelite so far.

I installed 3.0 on my Pi1-B and of course ran into the same problem with squeezelite. I copied the squeezelite-armv6hf from a piCorePlayer image and replaced the moode version with that one. Et Voila, squeezelite is working !!! :D (I also changed the size of the output buffers to 4000:6000 just to be sure. Don't know if this is the best value, but it works).

Hi Tim, can you advise when you will open up the Moode Case to international orders. Also do you have instructions on assembling it as it looks like it requires some desoldering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just giving this a bump.

Am I in the correct forum for the Moodecase or should I be posting somewhere else?

Hi,

Ok to post here for moodeCase.

The cost for reliable International shipping is prohibitive. All the major carriers including DHL, FedEx, UPS and USPS charge around 65 USD for tracked, insured priority shipping. There is also a potential for costly import duty to be charged in the destination country. I can ship 4 cases in a USPS medium sized box which could somewhat offset the high cost of International shipping. Let me know via email if you are interested in a quantity order.

The DIY prep for installing DAC boards in moodeCase usually just involves de-soldering the side mounted RCA jacks and then wiring the board into the rear facing power and RCA connectors.

Some boards like the IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ have headers for L/R channel and power making it easy. The Pi-DAC+ can also accept a 3-pin rotary encoder header. The Pi-DigiAmp+ only requires a JST EH power connector. L/R channel wiring is via secure screw-downs on the rear facing custom speaker terminal.

There are wiring kits for IQaudIO boards that can be ordered along with the case.

-Tim

Hi Tim!

Have Moode 3.0 up and running now for more than 2 days- everything works flawlessly and absolutely satisfying for me. Am using Pi3 with Soekris DAM via I2S. Very interesting the advanced kernel alternative and the real time optimization- sound seems to get a bit more realistic punch. Always keep best sound quality in mind;-) Thanx a lot for your excellent work!

Greetingz, Robert

Hi, Tim as you recommended to change onto Generic-1 I2S (hifiberry-dac) driver instead Mambo Berry LS to remove the hum from LR output during attempt to play High Res192 Flac after selection Advanced kernel driver, so it helped but some ramdon skips during playing are heard now... so my question is simple is there any advantage or reason to use Advanced kernel driver onto assembly KaliReclocker + Mambo LS DAC (or piano DAC), if yes shall I try another different I2s DAC driver for Mambo LS... thank you

Hi, Tim as you recommended to change onto Generic-1 I2S (hifiberry-dac) driver instead Mambo Berry LS to remove the hum from LR output during attempt to play High Res192 Flac after selection Advanced kernel driver, so it helped but some ramdon skips during playing are heard now... so my question is simple is there any advantage or reason to use Advanced kernel driver onto assembly KaliReclocker + Mambo LS DAC (or piano DAC), if yes shall I try another different I2s DAC driver for Mambo LS... thank you
Try IQaudiO PI-DAC. I Kali reclock + Piano Dac with him playing great.

Try IQaudiO PI-DAC. I Kali reclock + Piano Dac with him playing great.
Hi, ok I will try, do you think that this driver should solve problem also on Mambo LS DAC which has ES9023 inside or only for another combo with Kali DAC which has the same chip as IQaudiO PI-DAC, now i have connect onto KaliReclocker Mambo LS DAC and I didnt try Moode 3.0 with Kali DAC yet...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hi,

I have a Mambo DAC+ and no issues whatsoever using Advanced kernel audio enhancements. The advanced kernel contains an I2S overlay specifically for the Mambo (DAC+ and LS) that provides up to 32/384k rate and integer bit clock divider for 48k and 96k rates (less jitter).

To troubleshoot take out the reclocker board and connect the Mambo directly to Pi.

-Tim

How to get root privs to compile driver?

I'm trying to compile a driver for the Edimax AC600 WiFi adapter (EW-7811UTC), but can't. The make fails because it doesn't have privs to do what it needs to do, and putting sudo in front isn't cutting it.

How can I login as root or at least su root so I can compile/install this driver?