Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

The joy of crossfeed is coming to Moode :)

Anyone know what CONTROLS settings should be included?

-Tim

#
# Crossfeed config for ALSA lib
#
# 2016-07-DD TC
#

pcm.crossfeed {
type plug
slave.pcm "ladspa"
}

pcm.ladspa {
type ladspa
slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
path "/usr/lib/ladspa";
plugins [ {
label bs2b
input {
controls [ 2 1 ]
}
} ]
}
Woooooow!!!!!![emoji39] Thank you Tim!!! [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]
Normally crossfeed has two settings:
Low pass filter cut frequency and channels dB separation.
I don't know if is hard for you tu put this settings into moode, if it is I think is enough only a button to switch on and off crossfeed to a standard settings.
Bauer web site offer 3 crossfeed settings on his bs2bfrontend: standard, Chu Moy or Meier.
I know that xbmc has bauer crossfeed, see it could be useful for you.

These are the three settings I told you about. I think that is what you need.

These results shows a three versions with different sets of cut-off frequency and crossfeed level:
1) 700 Hz, 4.5 dB - default.
This setting is closest to the virtual speaker placement with azimuth 30 degrees and the removal of about 3 meters, while listening by headphones.
2) 700 Hz, 6 dB - most popular.
This setting is close to the parameters of a Chu Moy's [3] crossfeeder.
3) 650 Hz, 9.5 dB - making the smallest changes in the original signal only for relaxing listening by headphones.
This setting is close to the parameters of a crossfeeder implemented in Jan Meier's [4] CORDA amplifiers.

Remote control - LCD display

Hello All,
I’m trying to transform my Raspberry 2 / Hifiberry Digi+/ MoOde to a user friendly standalone device, so I would like to install in additional a remote control (based on TSOP2438 infrared receiver) and an LCD display (with pcf8574 lcd 16x2 backpack), but my knowledge is very limited in the above domains :(.

Can you guide me the some relevant piece of information, in order to successfully accomplish these installations?
Alternatively, can someone, who has successfully succeeded such an installation, to give me some piece of advice?

Thanks in advance
Stavros

Hi Jean-Louis,

On the BBB, what is the Linux kernel version being used?

-Tim

It's certainly possible that using another kernel (and its supporting ecosysytem) makes a difference, in fact I hope it's so, but it's also possible that the RPi design compromise on Ethernet via the USB controller is an issue. Or both !?! An interesting puzzle.

In the Machinekit real-time control project, we shied away from USB altogether because of general timing issues. For x86 systems, we can bring signals in an out via a parallel port or a PCI card, and, for ARM-based systems, use either GPIO or, in the case of the BBB, its two onboard PRUs (microcontrollers). The latter are a bit like FPGA; special compiler, etc. Probably not a consideration here because of their uniqueness.

Regards,
Kent

Hello All,
I am experiencing regular drop-outs over WiFi and Ethernet running the latest 2.6 version of Moode.

Strange thing is that the device has two different IP addresses, depending on where you look.

In the Moode Network > Configuration it is 192.168.1.213
and in the router DHCP list it is 192.168.1.22

I have rebooted all network devices, including the router but it still gets two different IP addresses.

Could this be causing the drop-outs ?

Thank's for any pointers.

Greetings

router
Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%2009.01.58.png

moode
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

ifconfig
Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%2009.09.56.png

Yep, it certainly looks like a problem on the network and not with Moode. The router is a Zyxel USG 50. There is also a Netgear router acting as an access point (bridge mode, running DD-WRT) which gets its IP addresses from the Zyxel. I've just rebooted the Netgear and now ifconfig is showing the the same IP number as the Zyxel router. I think the problem is resolved so far.:) The stange thing is that the "213" ip address was out of the ip pool range of the Zyxel router.

Will report back if the intermittent dropouts continue.

Thank's anyways.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Since going to 2.6 and fully updating Moode I have lost the Airplay function on my network. That is with a MacBook Pro, iPad Mini and iPhone 5. I am now on my third SD card and just finished that third build of 2.6.

Moode Airplay just isn't there even though Moode is web viewable and ssh.

Any pointers to check?

Thanks

Hi,

Ok, three presets as described in earlier post plus option for entering custom values. Sounds like a plan.

-Tim

Hi,

The joy of crossfeed is coming to Moode :)

Anyone know what CONTROLS settings should be included?

-Tim

#
# Crossfeed config for ALSA lib
#
# 2016-07-DD TC
#

pcm.crossfeed {
type plug
slave.pcm "ladspa"
}

pcm.ladspa {
type ladspa
slave.pcm "plughw:0,0";
path "/usr/lib/ladspa";
plugins [ {
label bs2b
input {
controls [ 2 1 ]
}
} ]
}

Hi Tim,

since many songs come with negative polarity, while our ears prefer positive, a simple polarity Inverter would be very useful 😋.

Luki

Yep, it certainly looks like a problem on the network and not with Moode. The router is a Zyxel USG 50. There is also a Netgear router acting as an access point (bridge mode, running DD-WRT) which gets its IP addresses from the Zyxel. I've just rebooted the Netgear and now ifconfig is showing the the same IP number as the Zyxel router. I think the problem is resolved so far.:) The stange thing is that the "213" ip address was out of the ip pool range of the Zyxel router.

Will report back if the intermittent dropouts continue.

Thank's anyways.

Hi,

I agree that symptoms suggests "competing DHCP servers" or some other network issue.

Use this cmd to show whether there are multiple addresses assigned to an interface
ip addr show eth0

I'd suggest installing Updater and then use it to install the latest Moode update package which includes a fix for multiple addresses assigned when eth0 set to static.

Guide for Installing In-Place Updater on Moode 2.6
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-354.html#post4751108

Description of Latest Update Package
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-366.html#post4759118

Regards
Tim

Since going to 2.6 and fully updating Moode I have lost the Airplay function on my network. That is with a MacBook Pro, iPad Mini and iPhone 5. I am now on my third SD card and just finished that third build of 2.6.

Moode Airplay just isn't there even though Moode is web viewable and ssh.

Any pointers to check?

Thanks

Hi,

If this is Pi-3 and Ethernet connection then Airplay discovery won't be routed out eth0 interface for some reason, probably something to do with mDNS (avahi).

Workaround is to disable the integrated BT/WiFi adapter.

1) ssh pi@moode (pwd=raspberry)
2) sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/disable_rpi3_wifi_bt.conf
3) paste the lines below into the blank file

# wifi
blacklist brcmfmac
blacklist brcmutil
# bt
blacklist btbcm
blacklist hci_uart

4) Ctrl-x y <return> to save the file
5) reboot

-Tim

Hi,

I agree that symptoms suggests "competing DHCP servers" or some other network issue.

Use this cmd to show whether there are multiple addresses assigned to an interface
ip addr show eth0

I'd suggest installing Updater and then use it to install the latest Moode update package which includes a fix for multiple addresses assigned when eth0 set to static.

Guide for Installing In-Place Updater on Moode 2.6
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-354.html#post4751108

Description of Latest Update Package
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-366.html#post4759118

Regards
Tim

thank's Tim, here the output. I'm not sure but it does look as though 2 ip addresses are assigned. I've taken the Netgear router (configured in bridge mode as an access point) out of the Network. It has been working perfectly for the last couple of years in in this mode but recently I've had some issues on the network. Maybe worthwile to say that I have two Moode 2.6 installations running on the network.

pi@moode:~ $ ip addr show wlan0
3: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:c1:41:36:02:86 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.1.20/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global wlan0
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet 192.168.1.167/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global secondary wlan0
inet6 fe80::f4fb:db3f:1a14:8cb0/64 scope link

Hi Jean-Louis,

On the BBB, what is the Linux kernel version being used?

-Tim

Tim:

FYI, the latest BBB builds I can find are

RuneAudio_bbb_0.2-beta.img.gz, announcement date "20/01/2014", contains kernel 3.12.6-2-ARCH (as in, ARCH Linux)

Volumio1.55BBB.img.zip, release date "30-11-2014", contains kernel 3.8.13

Although both players support multiple boards, their most up-to-date support is for RPi2/RPi3. In particular,

RuneAudio_rpi2_rpi3_0.4-beta_20160321_2GB.img.gz, announcement date "23/03/2016", contains kernel 4.1.20-1-ARCH

(Too lazy to pull out the kernel info on Volumio1.55PI.img.zip, release date "08-02-2015")

Regards,
Kent