Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I have a question about playlists. I can't for the life of me figure out how to create new ones. I can change the name, but I don't see either a "create new playlist" or "save as" option. I must just be missing it. Anybody?

There's a hide/show toolbar button at top left of screen. When you select this in the playback tab the playlist save option will become visible.

I know screen real estate can be tight, but I'd prefer stuff like this to be always visible.

Cheers,

Phil

Newbie Questions:

I dove right into the music server hobby, assembled a Pi3 c/w a Highberry Digi+ and installed Moode TR 3. All works fine, but I have some basic questions I have not seem previously answered here.

1) How do I turn off the Moode /Pi (Raspberry warned about following a procedure, and Raspian had an off button....) so far I am just pulling the plug.
2) Is there a way to change the Genre categories, or is this manipulated in the music file meta-data? - Or- It looks like there is screen available in Moode for manipulating the code (any references on Linux code for making changes?)
3) Has anyone had experience using a linear power supply such as CIAudio VCD.5 MKII?

Hi,

1 - Menu, Restart, Poweroff to perform an orderly shutdown which flushes any disk writes that may be cached. I usually do this except when I'm lazy, then I just pull the plug.

2 - Genre, Artist, Album etc are metadata elements in the song file. U will need to use an app that edits metadata for example iTunes.

-Tim

TR6 loaded and running fine on RPi3 with Hifiberry Dac+ Pro.

Two observations:

We seem to have lost the bitrate display that was just below the artwork on TR5

BBC 325k streams seem to randomly stop playing, I had this with TR5 as well.

Thanks for the great player

Val
Works for me (BBC HLS stream has been playing for 1 hour 53 minutes as I type this), but my wifi dongle is no more than 15 feet from my VDSL router and I'm on a 50 megabits per second fibre connection. You could try increasing MPD's audio buffer size in the MPD Configuration screen.

I've just run a broadband speed test on speedtest.net and the 320K stream continued playing without hesitation.

Last edited:
Hi Tim - just trying TR6 on RPi3 with Suptronics x400. Working, but the Burr Brown PCM5122 options for filters do not appear in the drop down box (they do on another RPi 2 I have with a 5122 DAC). The x400 uses the the 5122, and I use it remotely and control the volume using the hardware setting through Chrome browser. Thanks for all your hard work on MoOde - such a great player! Adrian

Hi,

I am able to repro this. Its caused by some missing data in the audio device table and will be fixed for 2.6 final release.

-Tim

Hi Tim, hi all
All working beautifully on pi3 with iqaudio Dac+. Thanks Tim.
Just one thing... i had problems on TR3 accessing my NAS (synology). This time it ticks as green when connected via NFS, but nothing is listed when i go to browse. When i access my pi3 via Windows 10 on my network (in file explorer) and navigate to the NAS folder on Moode/pi it lists all of the albums and tracks. None of this makes any odds to me as i can play whatever i like via upnp but just pointing out if it's a bug.

Thanks again Tim. Lovin' your work as ever

Stu

Hi Stu,

Try Squash = No mapping
https://www.synology.com/en-us/know..._on_Synology_NAS_within_the_local_network_NFS

-Tim

A couple of quirks which have probably been there a long time.

1: Clock Radio. How the heck do you select what to play? What obvious thing am I missing? Cursor turns into a no-entry icon when I move it over the "play" field.

2: NAS advanced options are only editable when editing a NAS entry, not when initially creating it. That's a bit of a nuisance.

Hi Phil,

1 - "Set for clock radio" is on Playlist item menu.

2 - I can't repro this. I'm able to change advanced options when creating new NAS source. Maybe its a Browser issue?

-Tim

Hi Phil,

1 - "Set for clock radio" is on Playlist item menu.

Silly me!

2 - I can't repro this. I'm able to change advanced options when creating new NAS source. Maybe its a Browser issue?

-Tim
Sure is a browser issue. Works fine in chrome on my Android Marshmallow phone.

In Firefox 47 beta on Windows 10 I can't move the cursor in the Rsize, Wsize, and Mount flags editable fields when creating a NAS mount (they're rendered in grey and not white), but can when editing one.

Firefox might not be happy with the

value="" placeholder="65536"

combination. I suspect just saying value="65536" instead and dropping the placeholder tag would work fine across browsers.

Last edited:
Silly me!

Sure is a browser issue. Works fine in chrome on my Android Marshmallow phone.

In Firefox 47 beta on Windows 10 I can't move the cursor in the Rsize, Wsize, and Mount flags editable fields when creating a NAS mount (they're rendered in grey and not white), but can when editing one.

Firefox might not be happy with the

value="" placeholder="65536"

combination. I suspect just saying value="65536" instead and dropping the placeholder tag would work fine across browsers.

Looks like "placeholder" isn't really the right thing to do here. Just fill in the default values and allow us to edit them :)

https://davidwalsh.name/html5-placeholder

Last edited:
This is my config file and moode is only detectable on 192.168.1.188

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.170
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
dns-nameservers

Hi,

Just tested on Pi-2 and no issues. Below is /etc/network/interfaces file. Try specifying the Primary DNS same as Gateway addr.

-Tim

#########################################
# This file is automatically generated by
# the player Network configuration page.
#########################################

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.199
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1

Thanks, Phil,

I figured that out, and I can rename a playlist, but I can't figure out how to create new ones. One play list is not of much use to me, especially since you can't play anything if it's not on a playlist. I need a bunch of them. How do you do that? Is there a "create new playlist" or "save as" (that would keep the original and make a new copy with the new name) somewhere?

--Buckapound

Thanks, Phil,

I figured that out, and I can rename a playlist, but I can't figure out how to create new ones. One play list is not of much use to me, especially since you can't play anything if it's not on a playlist. I need a bunch of them. How do you do that? Is there a "create new playlist" or "save as" (that would keep the original and make a new copy with the new name) somewhere?

--Buckapound

Hi,

There is currently only one method for creating and saving playlists and that is to add the tracks to the Playlist on the Playback panel and then save it.

To make a new playlist, select Clear/Play for the first item added to the Playlist then just Add from that point on.

-Tim

So here's a related question as well. In the general customization settings, you can choose to display the playlist or hide it. Below that, it says "useful for the random playback of a large collection." Does this mean that there is a way to play the whole library randomly without being on a playlist?

--Buckapound

Hi,

Prior to the "True random play" feature in Moode 2.6 the only way to perform random play through an entire collection was to first add the collection to the Playlist. For large collections this really bogged down the UI and so the "Display playlist Yes/No" setting was added to Customize screen. It's probably going to be removed in 2.6 final.

The True random play feature in Moode 2.6 uses an external program that randomly selects a track from the collection and then adds it to the Playlist. The implementation in Moode also uses MPD consume mode so that the newly added track is removed from the Playlist after it finishes playing and thus the Playlist never grows.

Turn on True random play in System config screen then press the Random button on the button bar beneath the volume control.

-Tim

Hi,

Moode 2.6 Test Release 6 (TR6) is available for download at moodeaudio.org under the TEST CODE button.
Enjoy!

Regards,
Tim

Ummm, maybe it's just me but
  • TR6 booted into AP mode on my RPi3B with internal WiFi and I could configure it via WiFi
  • TR6 did not boot into AP mode on my RPi2B with USB CanaKit WiFi adapter and I had to configure it via wired ethernet
  • once configured, TR6 then rebooted and ran fine in WiFi client mode on both
  • by contrast, TR5 booted into AP mode on both

Swapping uSD cards back and forth, I'm reminded that it would be useful if you added the TR# in the motd (for ssh logins) and in the "about" page of the browser output. Just my two cents worth.

I promised some more radio stations a while ago. I'll try to get them to you before the weekend.

Regards,
Kent

AudioGD NFB11 ES9018

I was able to modify my NFB11 to accept I2S instead of USB. I searched the forums and googled a bit, but could really find specific instructions on how to get Moode to work with it. I ended up selecting RPi-DAC which works, but just want to confirm that is the correct selection to get best sound quality out of the DAC. Thanks!