Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Fatal error: Call to a member function execute() on a non-object in /var/www/inc/playerlib.php on line 763
Connected via wired Ethernet and then trying to enter SSID and password in MoodeRelease: 2.5, 2016-02-27 but it fails with the above error message.
My SSID has an apostrophe in it but release notes say this should be OK - any ideas.
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and Edimax EW-7811Un - 8GB SD

Hi,

This is bug in Moode 2.5 caused by failure to escape single quotes in the sql write. Fixed in Moode 2.6 :)

Here is bugfix list at this point for 2.6

- FIX: Null in PCM5122 settings col causing Customize to fail
- FIX: Timeknob layout issue on some Android devices
- FIX: Single quotes in ssid, pwd not being escaped for sql
- FIX: Redundant mediainfo calls during extmeta gen
- FIX: EncodedAt not checking for empty string returned
- FIX: Clock radio sometimes not triggering UI update

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

Milestone #4 reached, Moode 2.6 and moodeOS 1.0 stress testing complete :)

A few new features that may make it into 2.6 include Airplay metadata and Auto-configure.

1) Airplay metadata provides the capability to retrieve artist, album, title, genre and cover art from Airplay sending applications e.g., iTunes etc. and display the items on Moode UI. Code courtesy of AndiG and MikeB, adapted and integrated :)

2) Auto-configure is geared for environments where multiple Moode players are deployed. It performs a set of common name and service changes to a fresh Moode image at boot time thus eliminating the need to manually make changes using System and MPD config.

Some screen shots attached.

Regards,
Tim

Attachments

• moode-r26-1airplaysend.png
    moode-r26-1airplaysend.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 331
  • moode-r26-2airplay-recv.png
    moode-r26-2airplay-recv.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 323
  • moode-r26-autoconfig.png
    moode-r26-autoconfig.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 312
  • moode-r26-moodecfg.png
    moode-r26-moodecfg.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Hi,

This is bug in Moode 2.5 caused by failure to escape single quotes in the sql write. Fixed in Moode 2.6 :)

Here is bugfix list at this point for 2.6

- FIX: Null in PCM5122 settings col causing Customize to fail
- FIX: Timeknob layout issue on some Android devices
- FIX: Single quotes in ssid, pwd not being escaped for sql
- FIX: Redundant mediainfo calls during extmeta gen
- FIX: EncodedAt not checking for empty string returned
- FIX: Clock radio sometimes not triggering UI update

Regards,
Tim
Thanks Tim, I will rename my network and try again.

Tim,

Most of my music is stored as WAV files (individual without a .CUE file), Browse and Library show 'missing' or 'undefined' for Album. No Art is ever shown.

If I am running an LMS based player then these details are shown.

I have checked and for 99% of my music all metadata is present and correct.

Any ideas?

ps MoOde has no problems playing the music.

Last edited:
Hi Tim
Thanks so much for this amazing player. I have been using this with smartthings as DLNA player as well as connected to the whole house audio system. I just wonder whether you need beta testers for moode upgrades?
Thanks again

Hi,

Thanks for the nice compliment! I really appreciate it :)

I usually make one or two test releases (TR's) generally available prior to final release, especially if a lot of changes have occurred in the code base.

Since Moode 2.6 is running on a completely new operating system build, moodeOS, there will likely be a TR this month.

Regards,
Tim

Tim,

Most of my music is stored as WAV files (individual without a .CUE file), Browse and Library show 'missing' or 'undefined' for Album. No Art is ever shown.

Any ideas?

Hi Alan,

Zip up a few of the files and send a download link to tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll be happy to test them.

What app did u use to write metadata and cover art into the WAV's?

Regards,
Tim

Tim,

As far as I remember I used dbpoweramp to convert WAV + CUE files to individual wav files.

I just rechecked my LMS system and it is showing all the artwork. Looking at the files on the NAS the artwork must be embedded in each WAV file as there is no .jpg file in the folders.

If I zip up some folders/files do you want a link to them on my pc?

Tim,

As far as I remember I used dbpoweramp to convert WAV + CUE files to individual wav files.

I just rechecked my LMS system and it is showing all the artwork. Looking at the files on the NAS the artwork must be embedded in each WAV file as there is no .jpg file in the folders.

If I zip up some folders/files do you want a link to them on my pc?

Hi Alan,

Something like Dropbox would probably be easier/safer unless you have some sort of secure method for allowing inbound connectiions to your PC.

-Tim

Tim,

Any ideas?

Any reason why you haven't encoded using lossless compression (e.g. FLAC). It would most probably save you a third of the disk space or more, plus make tagging easier.

Any reason why you haven't encoded using lossless compression (e.g. FLAC). It would most probably save you a third of the disk space or more, plus make tagging easier.
I have used FLAC, AIFF,Ogg Vorbis etc; they may take less space but then they need more processing before they can be played. This then raises the issue of reading speeds, LAN/USB speed etc.

Tagging however does not seem to be a problem - all the metadata is there, checked using MonkeyMedia - otherwise packages such as LMS / Squeezebox would not be able to find it.

I have used FLAC, AIFF,Ogg Vorbis etc; they may take less space but then they need more processing before they can be played. This then raises the issue of reading speeds, LAN/USB speed etc.
If a format is compressed, it requires less LAN/USB bandwidth, because there is less data to read from the storage device.

Compressed formats do require more CPU horsepower to decompress, but even the original 700 MHz RPi has plenty to handle these formats.

Most audio compression formats were designed to be asymmetrical, meaning they take more CPU cycles to compress than decompress, specifically so less capable processors could handle decompression -- a 700 MHz ARM is actually nearly an order of magnitude more powerful than the first MP3 player processors.

Rick