Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

You need to uncheck the I2S dac in system settings to none and restart.I left it for the Hifiberry, sorry.

The internal Wifi works fine on mine. Try to reset the network configuration, restart, in your wifi data and restart without the lan cable.

Thanks for the response. I've reset everything and rebooted many times - spent a couple hours on this. But I'm not ruling out it's something on my end, just not sure what.

To sum up:

• can't select USB DAC (no options under MPD configuration > Audio Output)
  • can't populate music library via USB (endless "updating")
  • can't use RPi3's internal wi-fi, only Ethernet
My theory: Henry's image isn't reading the Pi3's USB correctly, or writing to the SD card, in my configuration. I'm in the USA, if that is any clue.

EDIT - also noticed the activity lights on the USB thumb drive flash on briefly when booting up the Pi3, but turn off and stay off when using the Moode software. Might be another clue?

Thanks for your helps so far guys!

Last edited:
Follow-up...

Running Henry's disk image on my Pi3, I can get into the menus and mess around, but that's about it. Going into configure>MPD, I can't set anything under Audio output. It says nothing selected, and when I click the drop-down menu, no options appear, just a blue line.

Also, I can't load a music library. I tried a USB drive both connected to the Pi and connected to a powered HUB that was connected to the Pi. I click Update MPD DB, then when I go to browse and update the folders, I get the spinning update arrows, but the spinning never stops. I also tried a USB3 thumbdrive with a couple FLAC tracks, same thing.

One good thing is when I turn everything on, the Musical Fidelity DAC shows a lock light, so something is connecting.

Any ideas?

I am having similar issues with the Pi3 and Henrys .img. I can set my DAC in configure-system and 'customise' but not in configure-MPD. Under 'Audio Output' I have 'nothing configured' and the dropdown is a blank blue line. Nothing will play.

I am also struggling to connect to my NAS, its an old unit that needs 'sec=ntlm' but adding this does not help. I just constantly get
mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system mount error(19): No such device Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.ifs)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Val

I am having similar issues with the Pi3 and Henrys .img. I can set my DAC in configure-system and 'customise' but not in configure-MPD. Under 'Audio Output' I have 'nothing configured' and the dropdown is a blank blue line. Nothing will play.

I am also struggling to connect to my NAS, its an old unit that needs 'sec=ntlm' but adding this does not help. I just constantly get

Any ideas?

Thanks

Val

Hi Daver and Val
I must admit that I have not tested the image you tested with a USB dac, only with my I2S dac which works fine.

Instead of trying to make a new I have now also uploaded the image that I know works on a USB dac ( this has earlier been uploaded and have shown to work for USB dac's, but it does not work not with the Hifiberry I2S). So - use the non-I2S image in the dropbox - you will need an 8 gb card for that one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x66b3we8xo5xi7g/AACkKxugYwtGqDCxAg4RVYi3a?dl=0

Hi Daver and Val
I must admit that I have not tested the image you tested with a USB dac, only with my I2S dac which works fine.

Instead of trying to make a new I have now also uploaded the image that I know works on a USB dac ( this has earlier been uploaded and have shown to work for USB dac's, but it does not work not with the Hifiberry I2S). So - use the non-I2S image in the dropbox - you will need an 8 gb card for that one.

You are a trooper Henry, thanks!

Downloading now, I'll update how it works out soon.

Hi Daver and Val

You are a trooper Henry, thanks!

Downloading now, I'll update how it works out soon.

UPDATE: installed the new image on a 8gb card, and same as before -- USB ports don't access connected DAC or music files.

I can tell this is the new image because I see your DAC listed in "Audio Device description" under Customization settings. I can change it to my device (Musical Fidelity V90-DAC). But, like before, when I go into MPD Configuration, under Audio output, the box says "Nothing selected". When I click on that box, a blue/grey line appears under it, but there's no options to select. I've tried mouse wheel scrolling up and down, keyboard arrows in all directions. I've also clicked both RESET MPD configuration to defaults, and RESTART MPD service, but nothing allows anything to appear in the Audio output except "Nothing selected". Yet my DAC's lock light (switch set to USB) is on, so it's seeing the Pi3.

So something in your boot-up or configuration setup isn't working on my end (in the United States), and it seems to be USB related.

Good efforts so far, and thanks so much for trying!

EDIT - here's a screenshot of the blue line under Audio output when trying to select a USB device:
qvQqZ6E.png

Last edited:
UPDATE: installed the new image on a 8gb card, and same as before -- USB ports don't access connected DAC or music files.

I can tell this is the new image because I see your DAC listed in "Audio Device description" under Customization settings. I can change it to my device (Musical Fidelity V90-DAC). But, like before, when I go into MPD Configuration, under Audio output, the box says "Nothing selected". When I click on that box, a blue/grey line appears under it, but there's no options to select. I've tried mouse wheel scrolling up and down, keyboard arrows in all directions. I've also clicked both RESET MPD configuration to defaults, and RESTART MPD service, but nothing allows anything to appear in the Audio output except "Nothing selected". Yet my DAC's lock light (switch set to USB) is on, so it's seeing the Pi3.

So something in your boot-up or configuration setup isn't working on my end (in the United States), and it seems to be USB related.

Good efforts so far, and thanks so much for trying!

EDIT - here's a screenshot of the blue line under Audio output when trying to select a USB device:
qvQqZ6E.png

If you go into 'System Configuration' what do you see next to 'I2S audio device' ?

Hi Tim,

Do you think the new MoodeOS will be resilient to being turned off instead of being shut down?

I ask because the current Moode (and Volumio before it) can tolerate a power cut or mistaken shut down well. However, my Openelec Kodi installation corrupts every time it's not shut down properly.

Hi Tim,

Do you think the new MoodeOS will be resilient to being turned off instead of being shut down?

I ask because the current Moode (and Volumio before it) can tolerate a power cut or mistaken shut down well. However, my Openelec Kodi installation corrupts every time it's not shut down properly.

Hi,

I haven't seen any issues with J-Lite after pulling the plug (many times). Nothing in dmesg regarding file system corruption but YMMV.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

for what it's worth i power cycle moode 2.5 on a rpi2 daily and have been doing so on multiple pi's for weeks without issue.

If you go into 'System Configuration' what do you see next to 'I2S audio device' ?

I2S audio device is set to "none". This is correct for a USB DAC, right?

Daver, I don't know what is going wrong, have you tried to reset MPD?

I'm not sure either. I've tried all the various resets, turning features on and off, etc. I thought "Max USB current 2X" to off might help, but no.

I guess I'm stuck until someone releases any stable Pi3-compatible music player (hint @Tim! ;) ) Thanks for your uploads Henry!!!

I have a small number of albums in WMA format. They play fine, but the cover art does not display in the Playback tab. The cover is present in the same folder as the audio files as cover.jpg. I have tried removing the embedded cover art in each file and replacing it with an alternative cover using the Mp3tag program. This has made no difference.

Can anybody suggest a cause and/or solution?

Thanks.

Bump.