Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Anybody? :( I have some spare time over the holidays, so I want to test 2 DACs each on separate RPi, but one of them is RPi3

Talking of testing differing DACs, has anyone compared the Pimoroni pHAT DAC against IQAudio's pidaczero?

The pHAT DAC sounds great to my aging ears, but I am curious if there's any audible difference.

Phil

:eek:

superb work Tim, just what i have been looking to be done as an update. now means that all i need is my Pi/headamp and my tablet and i can use it anywhere.

now all we need is a way to update images over wifi and we need never take the MicroSD card out again ;)

speaking of the MicroSD, is there a way to partition it and have the music files stored on that with remote login instead or say a NAS or USB thumb/drive.

Hi,

You can copy files to the SDCARD samba share or if u ssh into Moode then copy them to /mnt/SDCARD.

-Tim

Sorry for the very stupit question Tim.
To update Moode from 2.4 to 2.5 on my raspberry I need to download Image and write it on my sd card. But in this case I lose all my settings. Is there a way to update using putty ,for example, and don't lose old settings?
Thank yuo for your fantastic Job! I play music everyday using Moode and my Pi! Thanks a Lot!

Anybody? :( I have some spare time over the holidays, so I want to test 2 DACs each on separate RPi, but one of them is RPi3

Apologies if mentioning another player in this thread is bad etiquette, but I've had good luck with the Rune Audio Player on a Pi3, and they have the beta available publicly:
Download - RuneAudio

It's a gzip file, so I needed 7-Zip to extract it. Good luck with your testing!

Sorry for the very stupit question Tim.
To update Moode from 2.4 to 2.5 on my raspberry I need to download Image and write it on my sd card. But in this case I lose all my settings. Is there a way to update using putty ,for example, and don't lose old settings?
Thank yuo for your fantastic Job! I play music everyday using Moode and my Pi! Thanks a Lot!

Hi,

An in-place updater / settings migration system would require a substantial effort to develop, maintain and support and would compete with developing and supporting Moode itself thus it has not been developed yet.

Regards,
Tim

A working rpi 3 image for MoOde

Hi all
I know that Tim will provide us with a new system soon. However, mostly for my own understanding after creating some images that obviously gave people problems I started again from a fresh 2.5 with the RPI2, updated the kernel with the gz files extracted from the newest Jessie, created an image, copied it back to an SD card and tested it with phono, USB dac and the Hifiberry+ dac output on an RPI3. Everything was working flawlessly. So here you find the fully tested image. Please discard other images you might have got from me and sorry for the earlier mistakes.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x66b3we8xo5xi7g/AACkKxugYwtGqDCxAg4RVYi3a?dl=0

Hi all
I know that Tim will provide us with a new system soon. However, mostly for my own understanding after creating some images that obviously gave people problems I started again from a fresh 2.5 with the RPI2, updated the kernel with the gz files extracted from the newest Jessie, created an image, copied it back to an SD card and tested it with phono, USB dac and the Hifiberry+ dac output on an RPI3. Everything was working flawlessly. So here you find the fully tested image. Please discard other images you might have got from me and sorry for the earlier mistakes.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x66b3we8xo5xi7g/AACkKxugYwtGqDCxAg4RVYi3a?dl=0

Hey Henry...

Success! For the most part - I couldn't get wireless working without the Ethernet plugged in, but didn't really trouble-shoot this too much. But I could configure my DAC, update the library, and play files.

Thanks so much for your efforts on this. This player should do nicely for those with Pi3 until Tim's updated version comes out.

rPI 2 with DAC and SMB share for music

hey folks. i have tried volumnio and runeplayer and now moode. it looks very slick and i like the features and the setup. i use mpd/mpc straight at home with terminal, but i have been looking for a GUI that pretties up my living room. this qualifies. i loaded my samba share info and it correctly found my music files (confirmed with MPC LISTALL), it plays radio stations fine, but for some reason it lists 126 tracks and the bands and albums but MPD lists 3279 in its database. i tried REFRESH in the menu and i tried ADD from the library tab but the library itself only shows those few files. what is happening?

Hey Henry...

Success! For the most part - I couldn't get wireless working without the Ethernet plugged in, but didn't really trouble-shoot this too much. But I could configure my DAC, update the library, and play files.

Thanks so much for your efforts on this. This player should do nicely for those with Pi3 until Tim's updated version comes out.

Good to hear. I have the wireless working. From own exp - you might try this: reset the network configuration, restart, write the wireless configuration again, close down, remove the cable and startup. If you do not see it on moode.local, look for an IP address on it in your router and write that in the browser. If you have difficulties in seeing your IP address, you can also find that if you attach a screen to the Pi.

Hi,

Just a heads up that The Jazz Groove has changed its stream link to two links:

The Jazz Groove - East
http://east1-aac-64.streamthejazzgroove.com:80/stream

The Jazz Groove - West
http://west1-aac-64.streamthejazzgroove.com:80/stream

Regards,
Tim
Thanks Tim,
I couldn't understand why 'The Jazz Groove' had stopped working but a quick edit of the station fixed that. However, I would be grateful if you can advise how to set up the new image as no image appears.
Roy

... it correctly found my music files (confirmed with MPC LISTALL), it plays radio stations fine, but for some reason it lists 126 tracks and the bands and albums but MPD lists 3279 in its database. i tried REFRESH in the menu and i tried ADD from the library tab but the library itself only shows those few files. what is happening?

If you look in the 'Browse>NAS>yoursource' section rather than in Library, do you see all of the source material?

I've found the library performance over NAS to be a bit spotty, but the browse function works perfectly.

Hi Henry,
thx for the RPi3 image :worship:

I have no luck with wifi also :confused: . When you "Reset" the network - reboot - write SSID,security,password and hit "Apply" are those written setting still showed up? Mine are just deleted from the boxes.
yes, I have no problem with that. You have to be patient after having written the info, then it comes ( at least with my network).

If you look in the 'Browse>NAS>yoursource' section rather than in Library, do you see all of the source material?

I've found the library performance over NAS to be a bit spotty, but the browse function works perfectly.

hey Zootalaws, yes i do see the music in the browser. what i need is a player that will play ALL my music on random. will it do that even if it doesnt show up in the library?

hey folks. i have tried volumnio and runeplayer and now moode. it looks very slick and i like the features and the setup. i use mpd/mpc straight at home with terminal, but i have been looking for a GUI that pretties up my living room. this qualifies. i loaded my samba share info and it correctly found my music files (confirmed with MPC LISTALL), it plays radio stations fine, but for some reason it lists 126 tracks and the bands and albums but MPD lists 3279 in its database. i tried REFRESH in the menu and i tried ADD from the library tab but the library itself only shows those few files. what is happening?

Hi,

How many tracks in your collection and in what audio formats?

-Tim

hey Zootalaws, yes i do see the music in the browser. what i need is a player that will play ALL my music on random. will it do that even if it doesnt show up in the library?

Hi,

Playback panel
- On the button bar under the volume knob click the icon for Random Play
- Remove all radio stations from the Playlist otherwise when random play selects a radio station it will play forever.

Browse panel
- NAS
- Root folder containing collection, click on menu
- Add (this will add entire collection to Playlist)

Customize popup
- Display playlist, set to "No" otherwise if u have a huge collection loaded into Playlist the UI will be slow to respond

Regards,
Tim