Mark Levinson No23 repair help

Thank you Handel for reference to the schematic page. I was able to verify the resistor is indeed 11K and 2W. You may want to consider replacing yours since this was apparently the source of failure. As mentioned earlier, I measured mine as 30 Ohms, a relative short, which would explain the burnt out part and slightly toasted circuit board. The resistor is connected to the LED which would explain what was done before. I noticed someone else had a picture of the soft start board where his resistor was replaced as well.

Hans,
I have a question about the balancing of the positive and negative output transistors.
When I am biasing the amp there is quite big difference between the positive and negative 10ohm base resistors of the output transistors. Is there way to match the current consumption so that both, positive and negative are approximately same? Or is that coming from the physical characteristics of the output teansistors?

I am currently repairing my No. 23, but I am in doubt as I cannot find two of these resistors in the schematic. I need help determining their exact values and locating them in the schematic.

IMG_6346 (1).PNG

The lower is the R69 and the upper is the SAT resistor(specified at test). I think the only way is to take the SAT resistor off and measure it to find the value. See attached voltage regulator schematic.
Thank you very much. I just realized that I can't find these details because I don't have the schematic. Therefore, I need to study more about testing to figure out how to determine the SAT resistor value. I can't take the measurement because the SAT resistor in the other section is burnt.

Hans,
I have a question about the balancing of the positive and negative output transistors.
When I am biasing the amp there is quite big difference between the positive and negative 10ohm base resistors of the output transistors. Is there way to match the current consumption so that both, positive and negative are approximately same? Or is that coming from the physical characteristics of the output teansistors?
You are right. The positive output transistors are tightly matched and so are the negative ones, but between pos and neg can be a large difference explaining the voltage differences over the 10R resistors.

Hans