Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Check the service manual alan. There is a pin description for the dac chip. I think there are 5 or 6 supplies for the dac. Most important will be to pick up a link for digital (L&R) and then analogue (L&R). I can't remember the links but you can follow the tracks to get wire links on the board that can be removed to isolate the ana and dig supplies. I'll try and post a pic later ;)

Bikeral, remove RD04, CD07 & CD06.

Fit a new electrolytic (I recommend Oscon SEPC) in CD06.

Bend the input pin of the 7805 (pin1) or whatever reg up and use the space from CD07 to fit the reg. This gives you the gnd and out.

Run a wire from raw +10v supply and connect to the input of the reg.

That sorts the digital supply for the dac.

Lee.

Just a quick update. Yesterday I fitted most of the regs to the board and improved a lot of caps. I also swapped some resistors in the HF feed for some low-noise types (don't know if that did anything, so don't ask).

Today I installed the driver IC regs.

This was sounding great, very detailed and dynamic as expected.

Lee.

Next I hooked up that big psu for the servo, and what a difference. I was shocked by how much the sound improved. Bass became more full and the whole frequency range just became more balanced.

You definitely need to add good sized psu's to the driver ic section. 50va tx and 10,000uF+ smoothers make a huge difference.

Lee.