Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

adfinni said:
I know, i kill something new everyday. It was a cheap 18W antex soldering iron. i was changing to a new 0.5mm tip as my old one has lost a bit off the end and was about 1mm now. WAs doing the tyypical twist and pull action to remove it, which wasn't working as i realised the whole shaft was moving :(

When doing some soldering at a mate's house (probs was Antex job) we changed the tip and it just broke, the twisting killed it. Terribly made product. This one aint your fault IMO!

For £15 I like my Maplin adjustable temp. soldering station. No digital readout of course but at least you can change the temp.

S

Just reading the posts, u guys know any good mods for nuclear reactors, maybe some power supply upgrades...BOOOOOOOOOM ! oooops

If it aint broke it aint Modded !

ADFINNI, you get my email ? The LM4562's have been shipped ill let you know as soon as i post them onto you if you still want them ? Oh Yeh i need your address dont i lol, mail me at subs757@msn.com

If you can, get an adjustable temp iron, even a crude one as long as its got a fine tip, always best if you have a bigger tip or iron for doing those big AC power connectors and alike !

Remember to always use anti static precautions, static damage can often be the result a player stops working 1 month after a mod !

Dennis

ImSparticus said:
Just reading the posts, u guys know any good mods for nuclear reactors, maybe some power supply upgrades...BOOOOOOOOOM ! oooops

If it aint broke it aint Modded !

ADFINNI, you get my email ? The LM4562's have been shipped ill let you know as soon as i post them onto you if you still want them ? Oh Yeh i need your address dont i lol, mail me at subs757@msn.com

If you can, get an adjustable temp iron, even a crude one as long as its got a fine tip, always best if you have a bigger tip or iron for doing those big AC power connectors and alike !

Remember to always use anti static precautions, static damage can often be the result a player stops working 1 month after a mod !

Dennis

Haha maybe try a few black gates in the the power plants for some extra smoothing, but watch out for the 'burn in time' ;)

Dennis:

Saw your email this morning, cheers. Ive been a bit busy at uni the last few days sorting out our golf ball cannon project :D

Im ordering a soldering station today from maplins for £13 and it comes with a 0.5mm tip. BARGAIN !!!!

Il send you an email today to the address above. Thanks a lot mate

:wave2:

edit: lol anti static. I just touch the radiator every so often, and try not to rub balloons on my head whilst im soldering.

Greg3333 said:
:lickface:

Would anyone be able to confirm for me whether Farnell part number 1100367 is suitable for the Acoustica clock hack?

Cheers

Greg

If you want the best: go for X7R, the smaller the better (size, that is, not value :D). SMD is even better, less inductance.

jksmurf said:
Hi Ray, got the file, works great opening it in MS Word viewer, thanks very much for that, I will make a table in Excel.

I tried to email you back but it was rejected?

k.

You're welcome, mate.

Got your mail, thanks for the file!

Ray

Ray

Malefoda said:
What should I do? I've just soldered many new expensive things on it, should I change some? E.g. Q811, was MC7805ACT and is now LM340AT-5,0, or some changed values here and there (47n MKS in the PS instead of 22, C605/606 from 470p to 430p, R605/606 from 10k to 14k...).
Any changes that should be done?
A third one: Ray, why each time "ferrite x2"?

Thanks guys!

Matthieu

Hi Matthieu,

Don't worry about the small differences between the various CD63/67 lists. The voltage regulators mentioned for Q811 are both good and comparable, and which one you use is a matter of taste or availability. You can also use a fancy Superreg or LM317 PCB in that place, there are many possibilities. The CD57 list is the most recent one (see date at the end). You can update the older list with new items that were not on that list before if you want, but I decided to make a list for each player I mod, so I can keep track of things.

The HDAM bypass can be done in multiple ways: by bypassing every component in the output circuit separately, or with just one overall wire. That's why sometimes it says 'remove' or 'bypass' for the same component in different lists. Best thing is to follow the most recent developments here.

The ferrite beads are not that big, and I used two to fill up the room :D. You can also take one longer one.

Regards,

Ray

6h5c said:
Got your mail, thanks for the file! Ray

6h5c said:
... The CD57 list is the most recent one (see date at the end). You can update the older list with new items that were not on that list before if you want, but I decided to make a list for each player I mod, so I can keep track of things. ... Ray

Ray,

If you have no objection (i.e. with your kind permission, if you think it might help) and if there are no errors that I have introduced, I can post the Excel file here for others.

Malefoda might find it useful, or at least interesting to have a direct X-ref of the CD57 vs CD67 updates? The file also allows you to make a unique list of parts to order, as there are multiple instances of some components in your lists.

Cheers

k.

jksmurf said:
Ray,

If you have no objection (i.e. with your kind permission, if you think it might help) and if there are no errors that I have introduced, I can post the Excel file here for others.

Cheers

k.

Yeah, no problem. The sheet looks ok to me. One small detail: the '+100n PPS' are SMD capacitors, just like the '100n PPS'. I noticed in your ordering table you noted '(not SMD)'.

Ray

6h5c said:

Yeah, no problem. The sheet looks ok to me. One small detail: the '+100n PPS' are SMD capacitors, just like the '100n PPS'. I noticed in your ordering table you noted '(not SMD)'.

Ray
Thanks, yes I wondered about that, but you had put SMD specifically next to some, so I assumed they were not SMD. I will change this.

One other observation before I post it up, where I have marked "xx": The 3 Rubycon 100u/16V do not appear to have the 100n PPS bypass caps. Presumably this is by design?

I guess I can always post it up and if it is still incorrect, I can correct it, although I have not really changed anything much (apart from the SMD) note.

k.

[EDIT] I was also confused about the +100n X7R, as there were 3 types quoted, two had 0603, 0805, but the third had no designation?

Here it is anyway: RAY's (6h5c) Marantz CD57 and CD67OSE mods list ported to Excel for simpler ordering and as a basis for comparison between earlier and more recent mods. All thanks to Ray!

SimontY said:

When doing some soldering at a mate's house (probs was Antex job) we changed the tip and it just broke, the twisting killed it. Terribly made product. This one aint your fault IMO!

For £15 I like my Maplin adjustable temp. soldering station. No digital readout of course but at least you can change the temp.

S

adjustable temp. soldering station??

I thought you just had to leave it in the fire for longer!
:D