Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

martin clark said:
Caps across the diodes alone will change things, but not necessarily improve them. Here's a really good (if rather technical) read on the art of snubbing, or why you should consider adding a series resistor with the caps:

http://hagtech.com/pdf/snubber.pdf

Like these - all in one solution.

Attachments

• img_5141.jpg
    img_5141.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 386
Gooch said:

Are we talking PCB's for the JFET output stage?
If so I would be interested

Regards

Dave

I'm not sure but I think they are talking about the clock divider circuit to feed the servo with an upgraded masterclock signal in the CD63.

Of course if anyone wants to make and sell a pcb for an alternative output stage...I'd be interested I reckon!

Simon

SimontY said:
I'm not sure but I think they are talking about the clock divider circuit to feed the servo with an upgraded masterclock signal in the CD63.

Of course if anyone wants to make and sell a pcb for an alternative output stage...I'd be interested I reckon!

Simon

Hi Simon,

Boxed the player for transport yet? I expect to wreck one soon, as mods are beginning to expand :) and bought a second for spare...

The problem with producing PCB's is the drilling part. It takes both time and .8mm drills :rolleyes:

Furtermore the four inductors need to fit exactly as there's little room for alternatives.

Regards, Jaap

disco said:
Hi Simon,

Boxed the player for transport yet? I expect to wreck one soon, as mods are beginning to expand :) and bought a second for spare...

Hi Jaap,

I actually drove to Brent's workshop to drop it off yesterday. Very nice chap he is, and he's err, enjoying fixing it.

I saw and heard Brent's player and it is very nice indeed. Looks and sounds fantastic! Wasn't in his main hi-fi tho, so I don't know the full extent of its greatness.

Simon

disco said:
The problem with producing PCB's is the drilling part. It takes both time and .8mm drills :rolleyes:

Furtermore the four inductors need to fit exactly as there's little room for alternatives.

Regards, Jaap

I see.. The problem for me is complexity and breaking it again. To do a discrete output stage I'd need good instructions, a clear schematic, or even a pcb. Ray does say the gains are good moving away from op-amps, even the stunningly good 627. So I am of course interested in doing something there.

Goodnight all.

Simon