Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Commentable Thoughts

Workhorse said:
Hi Guys

I have made an amp + smps for my Contessa Classic car.

The smps uses
SG3525 PWM IC
12 X IRFZ44N mosfets
12 X 47ohm Gate resistors
1 X E-I CRGO 4 No. Iron Core Transformer :primary=12-0-12 Multifillar Winding and Secondary 50-0-50 Windings.
one Vero board
2 X 100mFd 25V Caps
2 X 0.1mfd 50V ceramics cap
Couple of other resistors and caps etc.
Frequency is 250Hz
No - Feedback is applied , therefore efficiency is high.
1 X 3.5mFd/250V cap is directly connected to secondary of transformer to suppress spikes.
2 X small heat sinks.

Now the results
No heating on full load only simple warming of sinks
650W power capability
Still alives and is breathing in my car

IF any one interseted mail me.

hi,

planning to build a car amp. can you mail me schematics? 650w rms?? i want to build a sub amp. my email add is rishabhsehgal@gmail.com

please reply asap
me from india too.

thanks
rishabh

Hi

Because I is the last topology you want to use in car, that is because it has big voltahe spikes from leakage inductance, that why you would need bigger fets, more its voltage, and all this becames worst with bigger current.

What you want is push-pull. As I can see is that you don't like opto feedback, but you don't have to have it.

Hi

The nature of working by LT3825 is way more complex then I can understand or many others. You say that optos are slow, well yes if you use them to swich signal, but in feedback loop they are more than enought fast. The CRT can varie but that will not effect performance. And also I can't see how can opto go from 0 to 70, unless near by components are burning. Go with push-pull and use opto with help of TL431. This way you will get stable feedback + insulation

BTW: push-pull is best with low (car) voltages

Hi

Can enybody help me.
My smps output voltage is +/-40volts/ 5 amps, I need regulated supply +/- 15volts for preamplifier and amplifier, I hev use 1k 2 w and 15v zener diode 0.5W and 47uf capacitor.
But the resistor is very hot also and zener, maybe the valey of tranzistor must be different or what.......?
Is there any solution

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.