• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014D power JFET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a last call too:D The J-fets for round two are ordered together with a little extras! If you want in on a few of those Lovoltech's, now is the time to let me know!! I have around 40 matched devices and 40 unmatched devices not spoken for at this point. Soo, if you want some of them, let me know. For the time being, I have no plans for further GB's. I wont exclude the possibillity to do a round 3, if I get spammed with demands though.
Have fun guy's, I will go fishing for the next 6 month's:D :D

Steen:cool:

Here is an update: Payment for the round 2 devices is sent to Grey and hopefully the check clears the bank pretty soon. I excpect the Lovoltech's to enter Europe before too long. So everything is under control for now. All we can do is wait for the J-fets to show up:)
Dont expect me to talk to you next week. I have had enough of the weather here in Denmark, so I am off to Greece:cool: Air is 30 deg C and the water is 22 deg C:D

Steen:)

I've had another round of e-mails asking if there are any JFETs left. The answer is yes. The thing to remember is that it is matched parts only from here in.
Anyone who ordered unmatched parts prior to the 5/19 cutoff date, but hasn't paid, needs to contact me by next Friday (6/9). If I do not hear from you by then, I will consider your order cancelled. You will have to reorder matched devices. Read: I will not reserve unmatched devices forever, regardless of order date.
For those of you about to ask, the unmatched portion of the EU order is fine. Steen will get a large number of unmatched devices.
Oh...and the EU check came in late today. Now we wait for my bank to decide that everything is okay.
(picture me staring out the window, drumming my fingers in boredom...waiting...waiting...waiting...)

Grey

The J-fets for the second leg of the EU rounds, are on their way:)
Its a matter of days now, till I get them:) I will send out an email to every one of you who ordered so far. In that mail you will find detailed payment instructions. As last time, when I have your payment, the fets will fly out to you:) Other than that, I wish you happy building:cool:

All the Lovoltech's from round 2 of the EU part, is sold out! So I cant take anymore orders at this point. Hope everyone who wanted these wonderful devices, managed to jump on the train:)
I might be persuaded into a third round if the demand is there, and the "American connection" (Grey;o)) is ready to play along though:)
The orders has been really slow lately, so I dont think there is a basis for a third round, at least not at this point.:)

Unfortunately, it looks as though you will be waiting a little longer.
For reasons unknown, the USPS has returned the JFETs. Why it took so long to return them, I do not know. What the problem is, I do not know. I will look things over when I get home and see if I can figure out what has gone wrong.
The next two or three days are going to be very tight, time-wise, especially if I'm going to have to argue for an hour with some nincompoop about this shipment. However, I will do what I can to get the parts back on the road ASAP.
I have grown to hate both banks and the USPS. This isn't helping matters any. (Not that the banking system or the USPS is going to lose any sleep over my opinion...)
I will update you folks as soon as I know anything definite.
Sigh.

Grey

Okay folks, the EU shipment is on its way...again.
It woulda, coulda, shoulds been there already. Hell, it took nearly four weeks for the (mumble, mumble, grumble, unprintable) USPS to return the package to me. In other words, it took longer for the box to get from the Post Office back to my home than it took for the entire delivery time from here to Europe for the last shipment I sent Steen.
So whaz up wi' dat?
Oh, so you want to know what was wrong, eh?
The box lacked a "Round Date Stamp." (Whatever that is.) It also turned out that the (mumble, mumble) lady at the Post Office neglected a piece of paperwork. Seems to me the honorable thing to do would be for them to admit that they were the ones that fouled up (twice on the same package!) and fix it themselves. At the very minimum, they shouldn't have taken so long to get the box back to me.
For cryin' out loud, it's just a bunch of JFETs! It's not like it's full of bomb parts or nerve gas or anything.
However...
We live in the world we live in and that's that.
But it doesn't keep me from cussin' about it.

Grey

Oh, and another thing (or two)(or three)(or...).
You'd be surprised how resistant people are to multiple postings where I say I need:
--Your real name
--A shipping address
--Quantity desired
(I no longer need orders to specify matched or unmatched...they're all matched now.)
Yet I keep getting orders that leave out even these rudimentary bits of information.
You'd think it'd be common sense, but apparently not.
Although I've said it before, I'm going to say it again: My bank says ten days to clear your check. Please don't write three days after I get your check and demand to know why you haven't received your parts yet. I said in the beginning that ten-days-to-clear was my policy (because it's my bank's policy) and that has not changed.
Just in case there's any confusion, only two things have changed. The first was when I quit taking requests for special shipping options. It was a logistical nightmare--won't ever go that route again. The second was when I quit taking orders for unmatched devices back in May. I posted about both of these at the time--even held a 'last call' for unmatched devices, so don't say you weren't warned. Yes, this means you.
Yes, parts are still available, but please note that as of May, I am no longer providing unmatched parts--only matched. I have still plenty of matched, though; enough to cover another decent-sized group buy or two, plus individual domestic orders.
Also, anyone with unpaid orders over a month old will be cancelled if I don't hear from you by next Friday (7/21). Bear in mind that you are earning bad kharma...don't be surprised if you're reincarnated as a slug in your next go-round.

Grey

P.S.: This will be funny ten years from now, but at the moment it's a bear.
At some point during the night earlier this week, my three year-old woke up and decided that the thing to do was to play in the bathroom. She toddled in there, turned on the water, stopped up the sink, and proceeded to spash around a bit. Only, she didn't turn off the water when it began running over the side...onto the carpet...down through the floor into the ceiling in the kitchen...down to the floor in the kitchen...into my woodworking shop in the basement.
My wife goes running in there (having awoken in the middle of the night hearing suspicious noises) and my daughter says,"Mommy, I made a mess." My wife then carries her dowstairs because she doesn't trust her alone. My daughter takes one look at the water coming through the ceiling in the kitchen and says accusingly,"Mommy made a mess!" As you can imagine, this went over real well with my wife.
And people wonder why I don't have enough time to do all the "it'll only take five minutes" things they're asking me to do.
Note that I hate sheetrock work. It's messy, time consuming, and you can practically feel your brain cells melting away as you slather joint compound here and there. And now I've got to do a ceiling? Ugh!

Grey, I am happy to read that the fet's are on their way (again!)
Dont worry too much about the delay, all the EU buyers are actually pretty patient about this thing! Obviously some of the US guy's arent! But that ofcourse has nothing to do with the EU delay. I dont mind the delay, and neither does 99% of the people ordering from me:) I think thats great, people just sit and wait for their fets:) At this point I am happy to have pay'ed for the fet's from my own pocket though, otherwise things may have been different:D

Steen :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.