• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014 Power Jfet Group Buy

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Good news - the installation of the LU1014D's onto the IMS PCB went without a hitch. You too can do this - all it takes is a skillet and hot plate set to low heat and tube of Sn63/Pb37 no-clean solder paste.

Here is the finished integrated LU1014D / gate stopper resistor / header pins on the aluminum IMS PCB:
attachment.php

More info here on my WOBT (What's On the Bench Tonight) thread.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
IMS adapter PCB for LU1014D interest list:

woofertester 2 pair
metallicus69 4 pair
e_fortier 2 pair
OtisCampbell 2 pair
GnuB 2 pair
Franzm 4 pair
Blek Stenna 2 pair
Bas Horneman 1 pair
dBel84 2 pair
Tagheuer 2 pair
JimS 2 pair
grataku 4 pair
SOelker 2 pair
1543 2 pair
Cinco 3 pair
pfdavid 4 pair
Samuel Jayaraj 4 pairs
BRN 2 pairs
mordikai 4 pair
Skip Pack 4 pair
Malvin 3 pair
puijkh 2 pair
davidjt 2 pairs
jwjarch 3 pairs
outriding 2 pairs
alazira1 4 pairs
Icarium 4 pair
BEYoung 4 pair
hifibluedevil 2 pairs
JBdV 4 pairs
lpolyakov 2 pairs
vitalica 4 pair
DosenZorn 2 pairs
JimS 3 pair
wcwc 2 pairs
badrisuper: 2 pairs
tubesguy: 2 pairs
Kokanee: 2 pairs

total: 103 pairs

woofertester 2 pair
metallicus69 4 pair
e_fortier 2 pair
OtisCampbell 2 pair
GnuB 2 pair
Franzm 4 pair
Blek Stenna 2 pair
Bas Horneman 1 pair
dBel84 2 pair
Tagheuer 2 pair
JimS 2 pair
grataku 4 pair
SOelker 2 pair
1543 2 pair
Cinco 3 pair
pfdavid 4 pair
Samuel Jayaraj 4 pairs
BRN 2 pairs
mordikai 4 pair
Skip Pack 4 pair
Malvin 3 pair
puijkh 2 pair
davidjt 2 pairs
jwjarch 3 pairs
outriding 2 pairs
alazira1 4 pairs
Icarium 4 pair
BEYoung 4 pair
hifibluedevil 2 pairs
JBdV 4 pairs
lpolyakov 2 pairs
vitalica 4 pair
DosenZorn 2 pairs
JimS 3 pair
wcwc 2 pairs
manniraj: 4 pairs

total: 107 pairs

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This seems to have turned into an adapter board group buy. I personally don't need the adapter, but have been interested in this since it was announced in the other thread (the devices). I'd hate to see precedence given to adapter board purchasers over people just wanting the devices. Maybe I'm the only one with this concern, but thought it should be mentioned.

This seems to have turned into an adapter board group buy. I personally don't need the adapter, but have been interested in this since it was announced in the other thread (the devices). I'd hate to see precedence given to adapter board purchasers over people just wanting the devices. Maybe I'm the only one with this concern, but thought it should be mentioned.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/371283-lovoltech-lu1014-power-jfet-buy-9.html#post6649977

From that link:
When the GB is open, rules will be posted and the GB will be managed. All random posts before that time will be ignored. Patience, people.

Thanks Bas, I was aware of that post. Just seems like a lot of soon to be ignored posts stacking up :)

You can call this a dual group buy thread. The devices are in process. I am 20% complete with the devices. Switching to python controlled testing and printing. The printing part is quite painful at the moment.

You can buy what are confirmed factory sealed devices from Ali Express. They are LD1014D. Leads are pre-formed. Price is incredibly low USD $0.17 / each

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Don’t worry - we won’t toss this list. It’s been pretty organized and well maintained (not random at all). The LU1014D’s will be very reasonably priced since Mr Pass was so generous in donating them to the cause. I’ll let the Wg45 and Woofertester handle the final pricing but it will be to cover costs of testing, matching, and the adapters if you want them, plus shipping of course. At least that’s my understanding.

Edit: woofertester and I cross posted. Dual GB then it is.

Thanks for the tip on LD1014D with preformed SMT compatible leads. That will save some fiddling but they are probably “pulls” vs NOS that Mr Pass is providing.

Last edited:
You can buy what are confirmed factory sealed devices from Ali Express. They are LD1014D. Leads are pre-formed. Price is incredibly low USD $0.17 / each

Yes, that are those that I tested here.
They are genuine, they have the curves and the font type is the same as those from Pass :)

But the DPAK LDs don't have a drain leg, the drain is the metal on the back/top

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Heatsink is now mounted. Used a surplus HP CPU cooler part number CN-0RC651-41362-033-06TC. Drill and tap two M3 holes. Sanded surfaces flat with 120 grit sandpaer on flat surface. Thermal paste.

Ready to take out my (new to me) GW Instek GPC-3020 regulated linear bench supply to provide the 3v and monitor current, while preventing current runaway.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• LU1014D-TO247-Adapter-Heatsink-00.jpg
    LU1014D-TO247-Adapter-Heatsink-00.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 4,319
  • LU1014D-TO247-Adapter-Heatsink-01.jpg
    LU1014D-TO247-Adapter-Heatsink-01.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 4,831
  • LU1014D-TO247-Adapter-Heatsink-02.jpg
    LU1014D-TO247-Adapter-Heatsink-02.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 14,013
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You can call this a dual group buy thread. The devices are in process. I am 20% complete with the devices. Switching to python controlled testing and printing. The printing part is quite painful at the moment.

Thanks for the info! I'm in no rush and happy to wait for the Pass Stash™. And thanks for your effort in this! It's gotta be a lot of work!

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Heatsink is now mounted. Used a surplus HP CPU cooler part number CN-0RC651-41362-033-06TC. Drill and tap two M3 holes. Sanded surfaces flat with 120 grit sandpaer on flat surface. Thermal paste.

Ready to take out my (new to me) GW Instek GPC-3020 regulated linear bench supply to provide the 3v and monitor current, while preventing current runaway.

Looks great...love those heatsinks! Are all CPU coolers forced air?

woofertester 2 pair
metallicus69 4 pair
e_fortier 2 pair
OtisCampbell 2 pair
GnuB 2 pair
Franzm 4 pair
Blek Stenna 2 pair
Bas Horneman 1 pair
dBel84 2 pair
Tagheuer 2 pair
JimS 2 pair
grataku 4 pair
SOelker 2 pair
1543 2 pair
Cinco 3 pair
pfdavid 4 pair
Samuel Jayaraj 4 pairs
BRN 2 pairs
mordikai 4 pair
Skip Pack 4 pair
Malvin 3 pair
puijkh 2 pair
davidjt 2 pairs
jwjarch 3 pairs
outriding 2 pairs
alazira1 4 pairs
Icarium 4 pair
BEYoung 4 pair
hifibluedevil 2 pairs
JBdV 4 pairs
lpolyakov 2 pairs
vitalica 4 pair
DosenZorn 2 pairs
JimS 3 pair
wcwc 2 pairs
Dr_Strangelove 3 pairs

total: 104 pairs

The adapter idea and execution are quite impressive. Kudos.

@Analogico: Oopsie, you are right.

woofertester 2 pair
metallicus69 4 pair
e_fortier 2 pair
OtisCampbell 2 pair
GnuB 2 pair
Franzm 4 pair
Blek Stenna 2 pair
Bas Horneman 1 pair
dBel84 2 pair
Tagheuer 2 pair
JimS 2 pair
grataku 4 pair
SOelker 2 pair
1543 2 pair
Cinco 3 pair
pfdavid 4 pair
Samuel Jayaraj 4 pairs
BRN 2 pairs
mordikai 4 pair
Skip Pack 4 pair
Malvin 3 pair
puijkh 2 pair
davidjt 2 pairs
jwjarch 3 pairs
outriding 2 pairs
alazira1 4 pairs
Icarium 4 pair
BEYoung 4 pair
hifibluedevil 2 pairs
JBdV 4 pairs
lpolyakov 2 pairs
vitalica 4 pair
DosenZorn 2 pairs
JimS 3 pair
wcwc 2 pairs
manniraj: 4 pairs
Dr_Strangelove: 3 pairs

total: 110 pairs

The adapter idea and execution are quite impressive. Kudos.

woofertester 2 pair
metallicus69 4 pair
e_fortier 2 pair
OtisCampbell 2 pair
GnuB 2 pair
Franzm 4 pair
Blek Stenna 2 pair
Bas Horneman 1 pair
dBel84 2 pair
Tagheuer 2 pair
JimS 2 pair