Looking for the best SQ Phono LCR schematic

Hi there MrKettle,

Would you like to share the design or parts of... I’m very interested in LRC RIAA and I would like to use triode cascodes as much as possible (personal preference). I have played with ltspice last night and concluded that a 6k approach is the best compromise (in a simulation). The problem with 6k aproach is I can’t find the coils anywhere.

Regards,
Silviu

Sorry not to pick this up earlier, but there is a thread on the valves section now. I had the inductors wound to spec by Sowter, but as they have a design number now (on the circuit on that thread) they could be remade by Sowter quite easily.

Sorry not to pick this up earlier, but there is a thread on the valves section now. I had the inductors wound to spec by Sowter, but as they have a design number now (on the circuit on that thread) they could be remade by Sowter quite easily.

Thank you for the insight... would it be wise to go fully differential?
I love fully differential audio. But probably this will double my noise floor so I’ll have less SNR.

Best regards,
Silviu

Just got a pair of LCR from acoustic dimension, seems oem by ALLNIC? Also saw similar module on Thomas Mayer's machine.

Attachments

• lcr-1.jpg
    lcr-1.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 292
  • lcr-2.jpg
    lcr-2.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 291
I am following this thread with the last posts.
I am working an a full original Tango LCR riaa.
With a friend of mine who bought the stuff to make a full iron phono.
I have tested some configuration.
And done dozen of test lab with my two Audio Precision.
The results are good , at the moment I can't show anything because it is still in progress.
What I can see around LCR phono is the missing of real test lab; hundreds of simulation only.
Someone can help me to find a complete test lab on LCR riaa?

In addition I have read lot of considerations around simulation; this is a limit for me.
In my opinion after the simulation, if there are tech consideration written, a real test on a proto ( or final stuff) must be shown.
This to give something like "certfication" .
This is what I have learned after years of article published on Audioreview magazine; but also here in some thread.

Walter

Last edited:
Said too earlier, as I only listened to couple of vocal records, now a bit more big pieces I think salad valve itch phono is overall better, bold and authentic ;)

Maybe Shishido first stage gain is too low, next will try first stage with ec8010 and gyrator mu follower, a longer journey...