• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LM4562 op-amp GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, this is what we've got so far:
Code:
		DIP	SOIC
DEQ-TheEnd		4-8
Cobra2		10	10
Anzgar		10
Tony		10	10
Bgt		20	30
nilsomat	10
papadopolus	14	20
novec		10	20

Total:		84	98

In addition, these two haven't specified packages yet:

gugi100: 20
Ryssen: 10-15

And I guess DonoMan wants some, too?

Anyways, this means we're already over 100 on both packages. SOICs are expected desember 10th, while DIPs won't be available before january 12th, so we should probably keep this thread going for a while before deciding on numbers. Digi-Key is expecting thousands, so I don't think we'll miss out if we wait.

At everything from 100 to 500 chips, the DIP is $3.48 a pop and the SOIC is $3.35. That's net prices at Digi-Key however, so PayPal fees and two sets of shipping come on top of that. Don't know yet how much all that'll be, but I'd guess something like 5% and a few bucks for international postage.

Thanks, Bgt, I'll let you know when we're all set.

Edit: Prices are plus US sales tax too, but that varies from state to state. How much is it in your state, DonoMan?

Yes, I have a VAT number, so I don't have to pay any VAT if it's for my company's own use. The problem is that I'll still have to reclaim the VAT on products I resell, so the rest of you will still have to pay your country's taxes, plus handling fees through customs. And I'll have a shitload of work on my hands, as I'll have to treat every transaction as an international business sale, which means a lot of paper pushing and unnecessary fees.

Anyways, US taxes are much lower than your 19%, so it wouldn't be that much of a price premium. From what I can see, the Massachusets sales tax is only 5%, unless DonoMan has a resale certificate too.

Shipping from Digi-Key is almost negligible, so including tax, they'll be $3.70 (DIP) and $3.55 (SOIC) per unit. Without making promises on DonoMan's behalf, let's say $5 per order in packaging and shipping, but throw in a couple of bucks for his effort :) PayPal fees are most likely 4%, at the very most 6%.

I'd be very surprised if anything should come up and change those figures.

DonoMan has to confirm this too, but as I said, the DIPs won't be in stock before january 12th, so we have plenty of time to find things out.

Ryssen: Given the size of these things, we'll probably put it in a regular envelope with a good old fashioned stamp on it, which won't even be checked in customs. If they do get checked, I think 10 SOIC and 4 DIP would be below Sweden's taxable limit.

Hi,
if the consigment is shipped from outside the EC, then I would not expect VAT to be added.
Local sales tax may also be omitted, either because it is exempt (consumption outside the local tax area) or because the value is below some personal Foreign destination limit.

I think if any of these apply then the added taxes should be very simple, NIL.

Thanks, Bgt, I am ;)

The problem with VAT is that I'll first have to pay it, then I'll get it back when I export the chips - meaning that I'll have to process every one of you as an international customer through my business, and that's simply not gonna happen. I'm doing this on a personal basis.

As far as your VAT number goes, Bgt, that's fortunately just between you and the Dutch government, you won't have a deranged Norwegian sticking his hands in it :) I, or DonoMan depending on how we do it, will ship your chips as regular mail, which most likely won't even be picked up by customs. If it does, you just give your VAT number to the customs office, and they do the rest. If need be, I'll write you a receipt.

AndrewT: In Norway, you have to pay VAT on everything you import, unless it's total worth is below €25. That figure is significantly higher in EC, so I don't even think any of you are going to have to deal with it.

Without putting words in DonoMan's mouth here again, I think he'll receive the package from Digi-Key in USA, ship chips directly to you big buyers, and send the rest my way to redistribute. But thanks for the offer, Bgt, I might take you up on it as things go by.

DonoMan: Can you email me at lars @ xtreme-cable.com about the specifics?

If I order from digi-key this is what I have to pay for 100

Index Quantity Part Number Description Customer Reference Backorder Quantity Unit Price
EUR Extended Price
EUR
1 100 LM4562MA IC OPAMP AUDIO DUAL HF 8-SOIC 0 2,69900 €269,90
Subtotal €269,90
Handling €0,00
Shipping €18,00
Total €287,90 :D

And if you're american, it'll be:

100x SOIC: $335
Tax, 5%: $16.75
Shipping: $2.07
Total: $355, which equals €267

On top of that comes shipping from whoever of us distributes in USA, but that's only three bucks or so.

It's not a huge difference, and most of it is because of the cheap dollar we're having now, but €20 are always welcome in my wallet. :)

I think what it comes down to is how it's practical to do it. If we have a guy in USA who is willing to do at least some of the distribution, which DonoMan has said he might be willing to do, that'll be cheaper for all. If not, it won't cost much more if you're willing to do some of the job, Bgt. In either case, I'll do most of the distributing and take the risk of getting stuck with too many chips.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.