Lii Audio 15" full range

>I built the "Big Baffle" plans on the Liu-aui site for the L-15's. I could not be happier!

Even with some moderate Google-fu, I was unable to find the Liu-aui site nor "Big Baffle"...
I could only find "Big Betsy"...

Anyway, glad you like them! I've got mine on a big baffle (of my own design) too and would like to see what you have.

hey GM - - - re:parameters

here's the T-S I received from an owner some time ago

ZRPCMGD.png

IF the calculator I grabbed was correct and my input ballpark, then that curve shows super low Qes -- ? It would be better to have Re taken lower than 10Hz.

Sd "might" have been given in wrong units as could be square inches.

crazy stuff.

double check that curve and method

anyone messing with speakers ought to have an automated speaker parameter device.

LImk2GE.jpg

Lii f-15

Very interesting discussions on the f-15. I will keep reading hoping someone will work out what the dimensions of the smallest vented cabinet these could be put in. I’ve been tempted to cut them in the sides of my super pencils to see what bad happens. The cabinet Lii suggests I could be buried in and would be after my wife saw them in the house.

those WT3 plots suggest good success with a small open baffle.

OT - wish there were a group buy to see if Eminence could do something meaningful to their 12LTA such as a stronger motor for starters. (Hammer had the same feeble magnet - dunno about its pole piece) I would not expect a mod 12LTA to have much if any improvement on the top end - mainly better "attack" and ability to use smaller boxes by dropping qts to ~0.31. Fane has Eminence beat badly for HF extension - brilliant work w. 12-250TC

fwiw I took the 13.7g (says 13.5g as the mass they added to their non existent graph to shift parameters "down" - - that hardly is enough)

the Z shown has low qts and 3mH inductance

also the 146.5 as "square inches" - not impossible with narrow surround

it can be whatever one wants it to be !:p

probably a great driver but specs up in the air other than WT3 indicating unsuitable for
ordinary box applications

887748d1603681304-lii-audio-15-range-lii-f15-jpg

Last edited: