Lii Audio 15" full range

Thanks Craigtone
After open baffles demonstration with 12"Full Range PHY/HP
what was my conclusion : only high and large dimensions size can produce more realistic double bass
like in jazz music etc. and room acoustic conditions are importent
I would worry about those large baffles resonating and also blocking the reflection from the wall behind them.

I don't noticed strange resonances or such..
Can write about the long music session in the past with this large open baffles and 12" PHY/HP drivers + PHY/HP tweeter.
Baffles was made with high quality wood and sand filled inside.
The OTL Audiomat amp and passive preamplifier were playing
London Symphony Orchestra with Ravi Shankar and Yehudi Menuhin album
this was an extraordinary sound stage and beautiful emotional music experience subtile and powerful at the same time :cheerful:
Can be interesting with F-15 to try or reducted size Klangfilm Bionor for me..

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
908628d1609871316-lii-audio-15-range-f534776f-42db-402d-9acf-77e2066de4ae-jpg

I heard those in a couple different rooms (the big PHY OBs, not the FE166 box — it really wants to be in a horn) and was not impressed, but that was before the hifi shop discovered SE amps which i think would be a better match.

dave

Depends on what you want to do. My F15s are assisted in the bass. I found the 15s lacking in bass by themselves.

You could always do that at a later time with the 12's, should their performance there be not to your liking. They seem to be a better design / shot at covering bass frequencies with one driver. So does their 18". Both appear to be an evolutionary step by Lii above and beyond their F15, which is on sale...

F-15 pair can be interesting to try with very big large open baffles
not small for good bass guitar , orgue sound etc.
Horn enclosure can be interesting..Voice of Theatre for example:)
Edit: no need altec ,....use just wide rage F-15 :D

Attachments

• DAF6FEDD-D5DC-4192-8358-3913D4240E08.JPG
    DAF6FEDD-D5DC-4192-8358-3913D4240E08.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 528
Full ,wide range speaker in the place of the woofer in Voice of the Theatre..horn speakers for F-15 (18) driver..

'Funny' you should mention this since I noticed something familiar when I looked at craigtone's measurements last night, just couldn't 'put my finger on it', so thanks for the 'nudge'! :)

The small VoTT is a 110 Hz 1/4 WL expo flare that loads from ~150 - 342 Hz, so based on craigtone's red trace and knowing how much 'over the top' enthusiasm the Asian audio community has for W.E./Lansing/Altec in general and the small format A5/7 series in particular, one could reasonably deduce that the F15 was designed specifically to work in it: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/att...nge-229b3dda-0dd7-4eb1-9c91-2a901167bee0-jpeg

With the early 825 cab's ~12.56 ft^3 back chamber/~62 Hz Fb [the 828 is a bit smaller due to blocked off horn flares], then tuned lower or just made somewhat aperiodic even its super high Qt probably would pose no problems, further making me wonder if this is [one of] the prime performance goals.