Leaving Class A - 2019 Redux

There is always a place for "correctly" biased amp in an audiophile setup , no matter how much bias is needed ;)

maybe its time for you to get into the serious audio world , and build/buy an class A amp :rolleyes:

I find as little as 10mA gets rid of crossover distortion.
Why waste power as heat with little or no benefit.

Wouldn't touch class A with a barge pole.

There is always a place for "correctly" biased amp in an audiophile setup , no matter how much bias is needed ;)

maybe its time for you to get into the serious audio world , and build/buy an class A amp :rolleyes:

i build the PAPA 2SK77B amplifier with 2.8A Bias for 30W and it has two mission
1 warming the planet
2 kills every other amp i have .

mission accomplished :D

Reactions: 1 user
Nigel , I am very sorry for you that you havent been told , but nobody will destroy the planet with his bias setting , really it's not gonna happens :cool:

planet will last much much longer after human end , even having over bias our amps like dumb :rolleyes:

here we are talking about how to set this marvelous bias ,that we all ( almost ) like for our lovely class A amp , and fact is that Nelson Pass knows it very well , and we all ( almost ) like his articles , it's always a pleasure to read them ;)

Last edited:
During the coming years more and more electricity will be "green".....windmills, waterpower etc.....in the moment US may be a little behind :) ….seems to like coal more than mills :)
I'm waiting for my very own Mr. Fusion home reactor. ;)
Not enough photons up here in the PNW for solar panels to be very effective. Still need about 20 years for a decent solar system to pay for itself.

I'm waiting for my very own Mr. Fusion home reactor. ;)
Not enough photons up here in the PNW for solar panels to be very effective. Still need about 20 years for a decent solar system to pay for itself.
In Norway most energy is from waterfalls…...and this is one reason you see many Tesla's…..it is free to charge them "in the field" (as far as I know).
A lot of water energy in Sweden also……..Denmark gets some of it....depending on how wind blows as we have many windmills…...

I don't think normal incandescent light bulbs are produced anymore……..and most people here has changed to LED bulbs.
I can see some people here still use old light bulbs as current limiter when powering up an amp for the first time...….better get a vario-transformer instead!