Leaving Class A - 2019 Redux

Papa, are you about to release a listenable DIY class A/B amplifier schematic? I just let Norah Jones and your Nutube B1 move in to my flat with my old (but steady) F5, I am running out of room��. Guess I will have to chuck my Honey Badger. Wait, did you just go full class d on us?!

My question has been do all 'class A' push pull amps have some 'class B' reserve after the klunk, or does it depend on the bias level i.e. very high bias means class A power specs only?

Do all Class A push pull amps have some Class B transient overhead, or does it depend?

I could swear my First Watt M2 has some extra transient power in there, I can't get it to degrade sonically with my 88 db panel speakers at outlandish sound levels.

As with everything else, it depends.
In this case it depends on the impedance of the speaker, as well as the voltage and bias current.
In broad strokes, a class A amp rated for 8 ohms will voltage clip before one transistor turns off. That same amp will run in class AB with a 2 ohm speaker

HTH

Doug

As with everything else, it depends.
In this case it depends on the impedance of the speaker, as well as the voltage and bias current.
In broad strokes, a class A amp rated for 8 ohms will voltage clip before one transistor turns off. That same amp will run in class AB with a 2 ohm speake
Does it depend on the offset level for class A with floating resistance at a different output frequency?
What is the impedance for setting the class A amplifier, if 8 ohms is indicated, the actual resistance drops to 4 ohms.
What is impedance for modeling when tuning a class A amplifier? Advise for a particular case.
Q300_Imp_LR.png

Hifi-Selbstbau - Hifi-Selbstbau