LCD panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
zardoz, I know that you purchased the spectrah on a trial basis because of your business, but I was wondering what the cost was for both the spectrah and the lcd you got? Is there a possibilty that you could purchase more spectrah and then sell them to us (at your own markup, which I have no problem with) ?

Rekr

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Rekr said:
zardoz, I know that you purchased the spectrah on a trial basis because of your business, but I was wondering what the cost was for both the spectrah and the lcd you got? Is there a possibilty that you could purchase more spectrah and then sell them to us (at your own markup, which I have no problem with) ?

Rekr

I paid $135.00 US for my card and the cable needed for my panel, the panel was an Ebay score...did the "buy it now option" and got my panel for $65.00 US. I would certainly consider a buy on behalf of the group, allthough I'm not sure it's necessary I think someone posted that they got a price from Spectrah on one of their ARV units, for personal use.

Send them an email and see how your cost comes in...if they beat you up on the price let me know and we can work something out. I'll be buying a few more of these soon I think, early in the new year I'll begin my prototype for the in car system I'm developing for a friend in the security biz. He wants to monitor remote cams and do all kinds of other wild stuff from his patrol cars. hehe...might be in over my head...but I'm having a ball ;)

zardoz

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
general concensus

If the folks here can give me an idea of what configuration they want I'll see what kind of arrangements I can make.

http://www.spectrah.com/product.htm

I chose the LD S270M version because I have a radeon8500 for gaming on my monitor, and didnt want to loose that...also the cheap as dirt VIA C3 boards that I plan to use for the in-car dont have an AGP slot. If I can get a reasonable idea as to how many to get a quote on I'll email my contact on sunday...it'll be monday in china ;)

this is the chipset they use http://www.s3graphics.com/features.html

I'm not looking to make money on this....cover my costs for shipping and such and thats about it.

zardoz

That's extremely nice of you Zardoz, but you shouldn't have to go through all that trouble until we're certain that they won't sell single units to average Joe's? Even if they don't, it's possible that an electronics re-seller like arrow.com would sell their products. I think I'll give Spectrah a call this week.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Spectrah

In my initial conversations with spectrah I had to make it VERY clear that I was an OEM, and that I was prototyping for an inovative system that might have good "saleabillity". They were polite and very professional. The first contact from me was to ask the cost of the gear I wanted, and to tell them I was OEM. This was enough for them to write me back and ask for specifics, type of company, intended use, panel I thought to use etc....only after I had satisfied them that I was serious and had done my homework would they offer any assistance at all. From that point on it has been a great business relationship. I have allready opened the door for "some variation" by ordering a couple of extra cables for testing various panels. I did this because my in-car system will be using smaller panels I think. So... the door is open. I hope that it will remain so. I am afraid that if too many folks try for "one off's" spectrah will slam the door! If this is the case it will make things more difficult for the DIY folks.

I wont jeprodize my business relationship with these good people for "red herrings" be sure of what you want :)

zardoz

Spectra

I agree I think we need to let the one person to keep in contact with spectra. Like you said If alot of Joe's start calling or emailing they may shut the door then we all may have one less option or route to get our PJ, lets not that happen guys.
If zordov has his foot in the door with Spectra and is willing to share with us like he has expressed then we should leave it alone.

Doug

Re: panel is here

zardoz said:
I just got my panel from the courier. It looks to be in first class shape with no damages. It's a Sharp LQ121S1DG11, I have'nt fired it up yet(JUST got it) but I have removed the backlight and I am VERY PLEASED :D There are no IC's or anything else blocking the LCD, clean shot for projection. Now if it turns out to have the res and refresh rate I was told/am hoping it does I'm on my way to having a PJ. I'll post my findings as soon as possible.

zardoz

Here you go. Don't have time to upload the files properly, I'm leaving town in 10 minutes. But go to briefcase.yahoo.com and login/pass: ndcurry00/qwerty

The images are large and clear, but only 150-190 KB each.

Thanks a lot,
-Nathan

The more I look at it the more I want the controller card from evdisplays.com, the condor 2 seems ideal because you wouldn't need a computer with your hook up and most video cards these days have tv out so you could sitll hook one up if you choose to. I talked to a rep from there and they are $135 dollars with a 50 piece minumum. Zardoz hit me up with an email I would like to discuss something private with you if you don't mind.

Rekr

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
windows error

I have been playing around with my setup, and after a couple of questions from a friend have noticed that windows is miss-reporting the screen size that is displaying on my desktop.

I can drive the card at 800X600 32 bit, windows had identified it as a laptop screen @ 1024x768. A simple matter of "telling" windows what was hooked up and it now reports correctly.

It may have something to do with the Duo View feature on the card I really don't know, nonetheless I'm still quite pleased :) and impressed with life in general ;)

zardoz

lcd controller - driver board

Hi guys,

I already posted this on my thread "Does this lcd have controller on it?" so sorry for duplicating things. But since this thread is for this specific topic it would be great to have the explanation under this thread.

I purchased a panel NL10276AC28-01L that has a CRT interface board on it. Is this what is refeered as the lcd controller?

I then saw a simlar NEC lcd panel that lwh is using and his lcd has the same crt interface board but also a second driver board attached.

Do some controllers have both functions or do lcd panels always need both boards. Can somebody explain to me funciton of the two boards. Also, how expensive are driver boards and are they compatible with many crt interface boards.

Final question, wich category does the Spectrah and the evdisplays products come under.

Thanks for any help on this.

Exipnos.

LCD's with controller cards.

Post By "uvodee" on page 7.
( how to hook up a 10.4" panel SOLVED
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&item=801043878

apparently this guy has it solved ........

speechless for now..)

HI guy's this is my first post in this forum...... I've found the manafacture's website http://www.action.com.tw/acv/product2.htm ....now all we need is price's.
I think this will be ideal for a diy projector, if it's not... please tell me why?
Regards,
BRF.

LMM 104 lcd specs

SPECIFICATIONS

LMM-104 TYPE
Color LCD PC/VIDEO Module

DISPLAY SCREEN
SIZE 10.4 inches�i211 �~ 158 mm W�~H)
ELEMENT TFT-LCD 262,144 Color
FORMAT 640(W) �~480(H) Pixels
LCD PANEL
NEC NL6448AC33-18

BACK LIGHT
Two cold cathode fluorescent lamp

POWER SUPPLY
DC 12V

POWER CONSUMPTION
DC 12 V 15W

PC SYSTEM
VGA

VIDEO CLOCK FREQ.
25 MHz min.

SCANNING FREQ.
H : 31.5 KHZ V: 60-70 HZ

VIDEO SYSTEM
Auto NTSC / PAL / SECAM

BRIGHTNESS LEVEL
200 cd/sqm Typical

CONTRAST LEVEL
150 : 1

VIEWING ANGLE
L/R 45/45 Deg. U/D 30/20 Deg.

INPUT TERMINALS
External power jack(DC IN 12V)
Video 1 input jack (RCA type)
Video 2 input jack (RCA type)
Audio 1 R/L jack (RCA type)
Audio 2 R/L jack (RCA type)
PC input (D-SUB 15 pin)
OPERATION TEMPERATURE
5�Ž ~ 40�Ž

STORAGE TEMPERATURE
�|20�Ž ~ �{60�Ž

DIMENSIONS
PANEL 243 �~ 185�~ 11 mm (W�~H�~D)
DRIVER BOARD 190 �~ 120 �~ 35 mm (W�~H�~D)
INVERTER BOARD 100�~25�~10 mm (W�~H�~D)
WEIGHT
0.7 KG

I hope this helps guy's.
Regards,
BRF.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.