Lateral CFA 120W - BSA

You are kidding? Sorry, but who needs support for a per design unstable amplifier? The designer or the rebuilder? :eek::confused:

I wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. Me and my colleagues already have a few preamps and amps designed by dadod and they are super stable are they sound superb.

I'll build this CFA with Exicon lateral mosfets, I already bought PCB's but don't have time to do it so fast. In a few months.

It's great that you are a part of this thread, but until the source of oscillation is found it not good that you automaticaly blame someone.

Regards

Joined 2011
Paid Member
The source of oscillation is the cherry component. I have done a VFA lateral using TMC + a small cherry cap. Simulation always showed stability but never the real amplifier using Lateral MOSFET. Removing the cherry component and redesign the TMC stabilized the 3 pairs double die laterals ECW20(N|P)20 even with using lower gate resistor values (270R n-chan., 180R p-chan.).
This amp has been tested up to +/- 62V - VAS anti saturation diode and over current protection in situ, measurement bandwidth 80kHz:

• THD20k+N@200W@8R: 0.0052%
  • This measurement was taken with sagging rail voltages from power supply (~ +/-58V) just before power supply current limit: THD20k+N@320W@4R: 0.008%
BTW: in my thread there was a measurement table showing the oscillation frequency with different cherry cap values... similar to this amps ...
The resulting TMC only amp has then been successful rebuilt by AndrewT (RIP - missing him).

BR, Toni

Last edited:
mounting issues

Hello Damir,

started to build the BSA two days ago and found some issues
- drilling holes for Q9 and Q10 not fit for KAS1381/KSC3503
- left drilling hole R40 to small (different diameter for both holes of R40)
- drilling holes for capacitors >=220µF, for resistors >= 2W and for D5,D6 are very tight.

Keep me informed about the actual issue from thimios. I still have power mosfets from Hitachi, Renesas and Exicon, so i am not quite sure, which one to use.

BR
Günni

The source of oscillation is the cherry component. I have done a VFA lateral using TMC + a small cherry cap. Simulation always showed stability but never the real amplifier using Lateral MOSFET. Removing the cherry component and redesign the TMC stabilized the 3 pairs double die laterals ECW20(N|P)20 even with using lower gate resistor values (270R n-chan., 180R p-chan.).

BR, Toni

Is this amp available to be seen here on Diyaudio? Thanks

One picture.
Those bustard 1uf//to vas load resistors.....:cuss:

Attachments

• IMG_20190628_192902.jpg
    IMG_20190628_192902.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited: