L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Or in place of one light bulb a 39 Ohm's power resistor :)

Best bulb I could find and get deliverd...
I tried to make it visually appealing... no resistor...

I experimented with 2SK60's, 2SK82, thd measurents etc...
I ended up setting up by hearing and relative conservative on power draw (student homes....), bulbs in parallel (/ single switchable)

Best to contribute to the sound quality was a LME49610 gate driver pcb I had on hand...

Best bulb I could find and get deliverd...
I tried to make it visually appealing... no resistor...

Yes this two light bulbs glow is a beauty :bulb:
With big 39R power resistor inside the chassis in pararell with two outside bulbs
You get amp output impedance with lower numbers 11~ 12 Ohm the same like in the Mr. MR article
and that is nicer match for the speakers drivers imho.
Anyways probably You are happy camper with actual sound :) Have a good time

SE Mr. Pass SIT-1 and SIT-2 amp's output impedance = 4 Ohm's.
Different to L'Amp Sony Vfet who = ~ 12 Ohm´s
Reason for that low number is a better damping factor for drive the speakers ?

Attachments

• F48E671B-CAC4-4F20-94FA-A2A4A838967C.JPG
    F48E671B-CAC4-4F20-94FA-A2A4A838967C.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 444
don't forget the inductor version hammond 193V and the CCS version with IXTH6N50D2. for fun today i have tried the 3 version also with 11ohm resistor . on my thf51S SITAMP and still can decide wich one is better .
the resistor load seems the more polite and also the less punchy of the 3 , but very detailed and refined. the CCS is a beast , it sounds like a 200W amp , faster transient of the 3 , best bass too but sometimes too nervous to be real.
and the inductor the sound is more" tube" like but less precise and seems slow compare to both.

so seven years after my first build with 2SK82vfet , i'm still at the same point , running circle but had much fun :)

190214094735463998.jpg

Last edited:
the resistor load seems the more polite and also the less punchy of the 3 , but very detailed and refined, and the inductor the sound is more" tube" like but less precise and seems slow compare to both.

Nice picture. I had the same impression when I tested them. Resistor one sounds a little more delicate, but less tube amp like. How about the Toking vs Sony? Are they about the same except maximum output?

@ Juanitox

It's a L'Amp laboratory!
Just curious, does reverse cable speaker output polarity ( red & black )
do change sound subtly in CCS, resistor, bulb or inductor version?
Maybe one topology is more phase sensible than the others?
Another easy experiment :D

yess i have inverted absolute phase but the change is sublte sometimes bigger bass in one side of polarity. i
have a CLC with 100k 10mh 100K it is necessary to get no noise at all with high efficiency speaker with bias between 2 and 2.7Amp
the THF51S is a different animal than the 2SK82 let say a 845 vs a 300B triode
medium sounds equal , better bass with the THF51S and more extended highs with 2SK82 perhaps due to less capacitance.
but it is very dependent of type of loading. the 193V 2SK82 will sound darker than the CCS THF51s
but at the end i like more the speed and his ( Main de fer dans un gant de velour ) of the THF51S than his Sony sister for my Full range driver :)

Thanks for sharing!
Papa cooking his first SE Sony Vfet amp and is special ta da da :snare:
Probably new front(s) end design so can be useful with every L'Amp to get fresh sounds.
"Peoples dancing on the street's" mean in time of the Carnaval in California I guess....
Mysterious machine with four TO-3 semi's per mono

Attachments

• 68EBDF62-AAFD-4376-A019-03A2C623FDDD.JPG
    68EBDF62-AAFD-4376-A019-03A2C623FDDD.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 8AACA8E9-36CF-48BC-8B86-AEE7FBFED1C5.JPG
    8AACA8E9-36CF-48BC-8B86-AEE7FBFED1C5.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 540
Yes this two light bulbs glow is a beauty :bulb:
With big 39R power resistor inside the chassis in pararell with two outside bulbs
You get amp output impedance with lower numbers 11~ 12 Ohm the same like in the Mr. MR article
and that is nicer match for the speakers drivers imho.
Anyways probably You are happy camper with actual sound :) Have a good time

@Soundhappy I've also read that you can use halogen lamps in place of lightbulbs. Have you ever tried them? They are really cheap (I think StefanoBilliani told me).
Just out of curiosity, how do you compute the resistance of a lightbulb to be used in l'Amp?