Ladies & Gentlemen - The Emken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
its actually better in most respects than the standard bullet shape was. i got very little improvement from the conventional bullet shape and i had an hunch that the whizzer was just too big for it to work well. so i've flared it out at the end as i've seen in a few other classics of the full range world and the difference was very impressive.

The shape has me thinking of mounting a modified FT17 on the end of the phase plug (bolt thru the pole vent to hold it in place.

dave

Dual Concentric Eminence 12LTA? I know the tweeter is normally mounted on the same baffle as the 12LTA - I wonder if you could get it to fit at the same plane within the whizzer cone. 2 Questions:

1)Would there be time/phase issues with mounting a tweeter there?
2)Would the fact that the tweeter blocks most if not all of the whizzer's direct output be a problem?

I'll hold off letting the the FT17H into the baffle to see what you guys measure on the DC version

Will be playing with 'pluff' around the whizzer and maybe some packing noodles cut into wedges and then some polystyrene as its a bit firmer. I don't think that I'll be painting anything on the cones at the moment. Maybe enABL dots later

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
1)Would there be time/phase issues with mounting a tweeter there?
2)Would the fact that the tweeter blocks most if not all of the whizzer's direct output be a problem?

1/ can't be worsr than fitting it on the baffle.
2/ one should be able to make a tweeter-plug of very similar shape to gaf's. One would start by dremeling off the flat mounting part of the plastic bezel.

For this ap, a very compact horn is required and the FT17 is the most suitable i have.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.