L CAO in OB W/ Eminence Woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I am waiting for test report, Mr Pass! ....before I ordering....

I am going to use L CAO alnico in Lowther cabinets called "Acousta 115 New". This cab is designet for use with PM6A or PM7A. The speakers will be driven by an fantastic amp called A40. Remember this amp Mr. Pass? ;-)

I am happy for advice regarding us of L Cao or Tang Band 1772. Lowthers are to expensive!

P.S. I love the sound of A40!

Regards Asgeir Jordahl, Norway.

L cao Alinico drivers

Funny you should mention - I just received a pair of the
Alnico version from China, having traded for an amplifier

It must be the antennas I've got on my head:D

I am from asia and has an office in guangzou,china,can somebody mention the contact details of Mr lao Cao of L Cao loudspeakers,as i would like to contact him for Alinico 8 inches drivers.i tried to contact him through DIY but there was no reply from Mr L Cao

Lcao defekt??

Sorry, but i have a big problem. I`ve got the L`caos. Well packed and the bold quality looks quite good. But when i installed the first, my thinking was, that some high^s were missing. Bass is there, cone goes easy in and out, nor scratching. Then i finished the other box and installed the other chassis. Hey, you don`t need a tweeter, everything there.
Has someone an opinion what happens here. I took both chassis to the amp, and they sound totally different.
Has someone an idea?
Best regards, Michael

Sorry, but i have a big problem. I`ve got the L`caos. Well packed and the bold quality looks quite good. But when i installed the first, my thinking was, that some high^s were missing. Bass is there, cone goes easy in and out, nor scratching. Then i finished the other box and installed the other chassis. Hey, you don`t need a tweeter, everything there.
Has someone an opinion what happens here. I took both chassis to the amp, and they sound totally different.
Has someone an idea?
Best regards, Michael

if i understand correctly, one driver lacks treble when placed in identical enclosures?
have you checked the wiring, and crossover if there is any?

these are pretty good sounding drivers by the way.
they sound way smoother then the visaton b200 to my ears.

im using them together with 2x15" dipole woofers per side in an active system.
so far they're just laying on top of the bass towers, but i'll suspend them properly soon :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.