L-Adapter

Hi @Salas
Does This ocilloscope and Generator do the Job?
Thanks

? Screenshot_20200709-080720_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg
View attachment 859236

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Easiest no bench gear idea I thought of is use a PC as generator with 10k in series to the primary for as much signal it can manage to give out at 50Hz/60Hz and see with the DVM in what way there is AC voltage on paralleled secondaries. Correctly phased should give a reading while when in opposite polarities they should cancel. But I haven't tried that, you guys tell me if helpful.

Up to 60C on the L-Adapter's sinks should be manageable. But it could be less. Two ECC83 in that phono box can't pull more than 600mA parallel heaters current. Or no more than 300mA if in series.

Thanks Salas, i tried it few minutes, only for quick test and sound seems more brilliant, but could be too soon..
Attached one picture of power supply, left section with L for Phono preamp and right for RPi, (step down windings of one secondary), i'm waiting for allo Digione.
Maybe i should rewiring the DC and put wires in left side instead centre, but apparently there's no noises.

Attachments

• IMG_20200709_171910.jpg
    IMG_20200709_171910.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 265
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Good info Salas!

Currently sat listinenig to Lush radio through Moode.
L adapter powers Rpi and Reflector powers Hi Fi Berry Dac + Pro at 5v.
Using Ian isolator.
Sounds very good....I have a full Ian stack with fifo, dual dac, iv std etc. That too sounds amazing but the simplicity of this system now with just 2 power supplies is arguably more impressive for the modest cost and small chassis needed.

Good info Salas!

Currently sat listinenig to Lush radio through Moode.
L adapter powers Rpi and Reflector powers Hi Fi Berry Dac + Pro at 5v.
Using Ian isolator.
Sounds very good....I have a full Ian stack with fifo, dual dac, iv std etc. That too sounds amazing but the simplicity of this system now with just 2 power supplies is arguably more impressive for the modest cost and small chassis needed.

I used another L for a RPi in the second end (upstairs) with Moode like you, very impressive improvement.. I agree Jim