Krell KSA 50 PCB

Sorry for the low quality, but in the last 24 hrs this has arrived ;)

(amoung other stuff!)

Attachments

• bild(6).jpg
    bild(6).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,070
Jean said:
I am not sure how I missed this (busy with work) but if it's possible to get a pair of boards for two mono blocks then I would love to buy a set.

:)

Hi Jean-

I have admired that signature in various threads around the forum in the past :D

Email me @ stgrab@yahoo.com and we can get you squared away.

Hi All-

Ok, as of now, I have not had ANY reports of people NOT getting their boards.

I will keep the few spares I have until Friday, but then they are fair game to future purchasers.

Speak up now if you DID NOT get your boards... I have 2 shipments in transit (Cyprus & Malaysia) but ALL others should have arrived!!

I received my boards. Thank you. I built up one channel. R 24 @ 2.7 K seems to be a good starting point for the bias. It has only 2 sets of outputs. Changing the bias between 1.5 and 2 amps @ 34 to 36 volt rails. The heatsinks should be good for 125 to 150 watts with a 20 to 25 deg. rise. I hope to have the other channel done by the weekend. Then listening, testing, and tweaking. :smash: :D

Mike,

Have you actually run the circuit as shown in the schematic drawn up by Jan, or did you use one of the older Krell schematics? What capacitor values did you use for C-105/106, and C-107/108? Some of us feel that the specified values are way too high...... Also, I think most of the Krells of that period used 4.7K for R-124. Where does the 2.7K value leave your bias pot.... Half way, one third range, etc???

Mark

Power resistors are often made from wire wound around a core. This makes an inductive coil, and may affect performance. Non-inductive wire wound resistors are made from wire wrapped in different directions to cancel out the magnetic coupling that gives rise to inductance.

There are also the various other types that don't use wire, such as thick/stacked film and carbon composition, that are by their nature non-inductive.

induction...

Hi,

Even if the resistors were inductively wound, at the sort of values we are talking about, 0.5-1ohm, you'd be looking at maybe 20 turns around a non-ferrous core. This is an inductance of a few of microhenries, which is to say absolutely negligible. Most amps incorporate an inductor of this sort in the output, not sure how they could be bad as part of the emitter resistors...

Stuart

Re: induction...

Stuart Easson said:
Hi,

Even if the resistors were inductively wound, at the sort of values we are talking about, 0.5-1ohm, you'd be looking at maybe 20 turns around a non-ferrous core. This is an inductance of a few of microhenries, which is to say absolutely negligible. Most amps incorporate an inductor of this sort in the output, not sure how they could be bad as part of the emitter resistors...

Stuart

They are the 2.2ohm feedback resistors we are worried about... The emitter ones are no problem, but moreso the 2.2ohm feedback ones...

Aaron
P.S. A package left for you yesterday morning :)

HAHAHA,
Sorry Stuart, not joking, just stupid right now!!

I meant the 25ohm (25!!! Just because i'm daft!) feedback 2w resistors!!! I meant the feedback ones... I'm not putting 2.2ohm base resistors in at all, so not sure where i got that from!! Sorry :)

Now i've asked the right question!!

NUTTTR said:
HAHAHA,
Sorry Stuart, not joking, just stupid right now!!

I meant the 25ohm (25!!! Just because i'm daft!) feedback 2w resistors!!! I meant the feedback ones... I'm not putting 2.2ohm base resistors in at all, so not sure where i got that from!! Sorry :)

Now i've asked the right question!!

Ah, OK then, would you believe at this very moment.............

:)

Sorry if the reference is to obscure. :)

Anthony