Klippel Near Field Scanner on a Shoestring

Next mistake:

IMG_20240416_193258430.jpg

The motors touch...

I personally would first make up the design, either a simple sketch or in CAD, get an understanding where all the important parts and sections are and than come up with what to get.

Encouraged by my CAD progress I tried to incorporate the different parts in Fusion. Models for the profile and steppers are freely available.

render1.png
render2.png
And indeed the steppers don't fit...

Making steps in all kinds of directions. Still lots to learn and lots to do; progress is slow.

Reactions: 3 users
I can see that you have worked out where you had interference between the motors and the rolling platform. This is making design sense. What I am thinking now is stiffness. That may only be able to be tested when you have this all made and determine that with a mic at full extension everything is sitting correctly and not sagging due to much weight and a not robust enough dual motor bracket.

So is there after 6 years of sometimes very interesting, but mostly BS information, a room exclusing measurement system? Apart from that Klippel thingie, of course :). I did several hours of reading but I have no clue. Prolly my bad :). If that Klippel can get rid of the room it would be a goddamn gift to humanity because you could trow all that crappy room correction software out and have perfect solution.
A double bass array gets rid of a load of interfering freqs. And that Ascend boss on ASR claims he has a MLSSA system that is room corrected so he can measure very low, as long as the workers don't alter the room, with klippel resolution, way faster as klippel does it. And the Bruno, Kii fame, has also something alike.

An interesting approach in this camera slider
There is a lot of food for thought there. The belt drive is simple.

Printing the parts, or having them printed is not impossible.

Once Tom has something that gets the motion down I am excited to try and get this all together.

One this for Eric to answer. How long are the test regimes?

Oh and signal types? If Klippel uses a swepped sine wave or some other combined signal for their LSI measurements?