KarlD's FH XL Alpair 10.3M Copper build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks guys. I've ordered some sticky back velcro hook so that should land on Wednesday.

I love this forum. I love how I can ask a question and get an answer without feeling like an idiot. I just wish I had the technical knowledge to really take advantage of the information here!

Yup [emoji4]

They need tarting up a bit and I've left the top loose so I can get the stuffing in.

I have no idea what I'm going to do for a finish, and I also need to put some little outriggers on or something for some adjustable spikey feet as my floor is seriously uneven.

Yup [emoji4]

They need tarting up a bit and I've left the top loose so I can get the stuffing in.

I have no idea what I'm going to do for a finish, and I also need to put some little outriggers on or something for some adjustable spikey feet as my floor is seriously uneven.

No pictures it never happened :)

I took out the front stuffing sounded way better with it out rather than in, took a long run in but now these sound fantastic.

Ha. I'll take some pictures on Tuesday when I'm back at work. They look a bit naff at the moment to be honest.

I got a roll of sticky back Velcro hooks to put on the walls below the driver for easy stuffing adjustment. I'm going to test with max, half and no stuffing and see what difference it makes.

Aluminium bar arrived today, from which I shall be making the outriggers to level them up on my wonky floor with! There are threaded steel inserts in the base of the speaker cabs that these shall bolt too. I'll get them anodised black along with the rear terminal plates. Can't wait to get the cabs back from the painters.

Well, you were wanting something pro...
looks like you've got it! I wish I had a cnc machine. For 10 bucks, is there a cnc plan? I'm sure I could find a company nearby.

Is anyone making decent binding posts without the bulkage....I've always thought the same as Dave yet haven't heard anyone else mention it. I try to avoid anything to do with cable reviews etc. I have used whole Cat 5 for speakers....may go down to 2 separate strands. Thanks for the suggestion Dave.

Thanks man [emoji5]

I really REALLY hope the guy painting them does a good job. I have built the cabs to a decent standard and they are dimensionally accurate to within a gnat's **** - I don't need someone messing them up for me now!

Already thinking of next project. Now I'm single [emoji17] , I can have a bedroom system [emoji1] , so thinking A7.3 bookshelf/stand mount jobby. Ooooh.

Is anyone making decent binding posts without the bulkage....I've always thought the same as Dave yet haven't heard anyone else mention it. I try to avoid anything to do with cable reviews etc. I have used whole Cat 5 for speakers....may go down to 2 separate strands. Thanks for the suggestion Dave.

Simple binding posts that are light on metal:

https://www.parts-express.com/parts...y-speaker-wire-binding-post-terminal--260-302

https://www.parts-express.com/round-speaker-terminal-cup-2-7-8-gold-banana-binding-post--260-283

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.