Juma's Easy-Peasy Capacitance Multiplier

Slow ramp up

I've noticed the cap multipliers on my ACA's ramp up the current real slow - something like 30 seconds, iirc. Which component/s can I change to get faster ramp up to full current?

I've used the values shown in the schematic below.

Attachments

• PSU_cap_multiplier_forum.jpg
    PSU_cap_multiplier_forum.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 935
Change R5 and R6 to 1k or so.
And please stop spreading the confusion by repeatedly showing that schematic drawing - IRF610 can not be successfully used to supply ACA or any other power amp, it's good only for preamps and headamps.

Thanks for the advice Juma.

And sorry for posting that erroneous schematic. Didn't realize that I have posted the one with the IRF610. I have now deleted it from my computer. :eek:

I came from the TDA7279 lunch amp thread, been modding it and good results so far.
I wanna try this easy cap multiplier so far the IRFPs are nonexistent where I live, so I want some common alternatives, I looked in some of my stashes and found only one MOSFET the MTP3N80, so which parameters I should check in the datasheet to adjust the circuit.
It checks on current and voltage loading (I want 2A to be safe).
Thanks XRK and Juma (and others), really awesome thread.

A little OT-Prasi gerbers

I like to import gerbers in to Diptrace, which is what I use, and I can't seem to import the drill files. Prasi's designs are excellent but sometimes I like to put them in Diptrace so I can change component sizes for parts I already have. Any idea how to import the drill file Prasi uses to Diptrace? You can move this if it's not in the right place.

Attachments

• GERBERS-juma cap multi-R3.zip
    216.1 KB · Views: 106
I like to import gerbers in to Diptrace, which is what I use, and I can't seem to import the drill files. Prasi's designs are excellent but sometimes I like to put them in Diptrace so I can change component sizes for parts I already have. Any idea how to import the drill file Prasi uses to Diptrace? You can move this if it's not in the right place.

Hi Ripcord,
I dont use diptrace. So will not be able help you.
I could get you the files imported into sprint, so you could have a sprint layout file ready for editing.

You could contact some of the dip trace users that you know who are willing to help you.

regards
Prasi

That PSMN1R025YLD looks like an awesome FET, however it has 25v limit which sort of limits it to 15v class A head amps or maybe preamps. A 25v typical class A supply might be too much. I like the 890 microOhm Rs_on, and continuous 100A!

This could be a very useful little FET to make a cap multiplier for my F5 head amp.

http://datasheet.octopart.com/PSMN1R0-25YLD-NXP-Semiconductors-datasheet-62336464.pdf

Is the input capacitance too large to use it as an audio OPS?

There has PSMN1R0-40YLD

https://assets.nexperia.com/documents/data-sheet/PSMN1R0-40YLD.pdf

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I just built up the Prasi 100mm square dual rail, dual channel layout. Under no load conditions and testing with a 10amp DC-DC step up as input. Will use it to feed an off-board CRC filter so small on-baord caps are used. This may become a nice adjustable (20v to 35v) dual rai voltage regulated high current PSU for my ALPHA amps.

attachment.php

Here is some initial testing for +/-28v output, still need to add output CRC filter.
attachment.php

More here:
Aksa Lender P-mos Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

I just built up the Prasi 100mm square dual rail, dual channel layout. Under no load conditions and testing with a 10amp DC-DC step up as input. Will use it to feed an off-board CRC filter so small on-baord caps are used. This may become a nice adjustable (20v to 35v) dual rai voltage regulated high current PSU for my ALPHA amps.

661956d1518421308-aksa-lender-mos-hybrid-aleph-alpha-amplifier-cap-mx-build-alpha-jpg

Here is some initial testing for +/-28v output, still need to add output CRC filter.
661957d1518421308-aksa-lender-mos-hybrid-aleph-alpha-amplifier-cap-mx-build-alpha-test-28v-jpg

More here:
Aksa Lender P-mos Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier
Theese are non isolated.
How you manage to solve the common gnd and safety earth connection(two smps using main earth & - connection)?