JLE TPA3255 Build and Modifications

D

Deleted member 148505

For V1A and V1B, shorting out R8 and R10 further improves the sound. (R8 and R10 is series resistor similar to datasheet, on EVM it is 0R)

Even supplying GVDD has an impact in overall sound, that's why in my latest iteration, I've placed 10uF tantalum caps close to GVDD_AB CD supplies.

D

Deleted member 148505

Latest update :)

Attachments

• 941C0955-4EA4-4F52-B432-9EB32E106A7F.jpeg
    941C0955-4EA4-4F52-B432-9EB32E106A7F.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 382
Datasheet info is really incomplete. If you change the VBG reference voltage, the AVDD will become 10.5VDC (without fault). But AVDD max is 8.5VDC so not sure why they are allowing it.

The EVM designer also used 12Vpp for the opamp buffer so I think it's ok to use 12Vpp rails.

If you will use +/-3.5VDC, you need to find rail to rail opamp or you will have limited usable output.
Not sure to understand :(. What is VBG ? the middle voltage for biaising input ?
Following to that, up the 12v to 13v would it improve the ability to accept more input voltage, and then the gain ?

D

Deleted member 148505

Where are the op-amps Lester? Mounted underneath? I’m presuming 1656s? Are you the guy who wiped out the supply in the US? ;)

Pete
Haha someone hyped up the OPA1656, that's why the demand surged.
Should I put SOIC-8 under the DIP-8 socket (like 3eaudio)? I think it will have a better connection if it's soldered directly. (After opamp rolling has been made)

What :eek::eek::eek: ?
Lester did not implement real diff driver :Popworm: ?
Yes only dual opamps for now.

My bad..you are correct....:confused:

I thought he was just trying to get rid of input electrolytics on this next version

Yes the goal is to have a split supply to remove the input electrolytics. Most available space was eaten by the regulators.

Personally, I don't care one bit about opamp rolling. For me:

1) Input headers with gold-plated posts (shame on you TI)
2) Electrolytics are OK as long as they are used smartly (bipolar or back-to-back, and extra uF to avoid any effect on audio band)
3) Very low noise
4) Lowest-possible IMD and HD3+
5) Adjustable gain with THT resistors would be nice

Last edited: