Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

Contrary to the loudspeaker systems of the Swiss guy (Tobiansystems) discussed earlier in the thread, these German loudspeakers are not ridiculously priced.

With at least one exception.
This Synergy hornsystem's estimated price is $350.000.

Attachments

• Ultm_modded.jpg
    Ultm_modded.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 396
  • ULTM.1_1.png
    ULTM.1_1.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 392
  • ULTM.2_2.png
    ULTM.2_2.png
    453.7 KB · Views: 383
  • ULTM 2 Rueckwand.jpg
    ULTM 2 Rueckwand.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Wave guide for bass drivers? Too fancy for my skill set!

Thinking I’ll pair the 12” beyma coaxial with the 12” jbl 124a in a small compact design. Bedroom setup.

The big towers (above) I’ll fit the faital 15pr400 with horn with faital CD in centre hole.

That should keep me busy for a while.

if you could go with a 4594nd (so coax 3way) or a 2-way config with a single CD without counting the price difference (one is typically 500ish the other 200-300ish) what would be the best option for HIFI?

Personal preference, so for me would be MEH horn with single CD since 1.4" isn't big enough for 300 Hz with any real fullness [true life-like vocals], so the pioneers used dual or quad 1.4-2" this low.

Worse, the smaller the room, the smaller the horn, hence the larger the driver ideally needs to be, so this is where the co-ax/duplex increasing becomes the preferred choice with at most, a small WG to blend it through the co-ax, woofer XO BW.

GM

if you could go with a 4594nd (so coax 3way) or a 2-way config with a single CD without counting the price difference (one is typically 500ish the other 200-300ish) what would be the best option for HIFI?

No reason to buy any of the BMS coaxes, now that the DCX464 has become available.
If you must... buy them used because these are offered plenty from second, third or ....... owner.
Why would that be?

Last edited: