Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

Another way to accommodate dual 15s, in this case Altec 416 or 515b:

Attachments

• Hornsolutions Referenz Lautsprecher Frontloaded Basshorn Altec 416 515B_1.jpg
    Hornsolutions Referenz Lautsprecher Frontloaded Basshorn Altec 416 515B_1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 430
  • Hornsolutions Referenz Lautsprecher Frontloaded Basshorn Altec 416 515B_4.jpg
    Hornsolutions Referenz Lautsprecher Frontloaded Basshorn Altec 416 515B_4.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 434
  • Hornsolutions Referenz Lautsprecher Frontloaded Basshorn Altec 416 515B_5.jpg
    Hornsolutions Referenz Lautsprecher Frontloaded Basshorn Altec 416 515B_5.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 408
  • Hornsolutions Referenz Lautsprecher Frontloaded Basshorn Altec 416 515B_7.jpg
    Hornsolutions Referenz Lautsprecher Frontloaded Basshorn Altec 416 515B_7.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 438
That big horn requires some construction work.

Is that your build? I would love to read up on that. I love those large horns. I wish I had a basement here in my new house as I’ve always wanted to build a monster of a horn sub under the floor of the house
My wife as given me the green light to go nuts with a custom speaker build in the formal living room

Is that your build? I would love to read up on that. I love those large horns. I wish I had a basement here in my new house as I’ve always wanted to build a monster of a horn sub under the floor of the house
My wife as given me the green light to go nuts with a custom speaker build in the formal living room

No, that horn was custom-built by a German horn manufacturer. They also make the snail horns shown above.

If you want to go crazy, this project by Roberto Delle Curti could be a source of inspiration:

Subwoofer-6.jpg

Subwoofer-10.jpg

21ec6308bc0d40e4a4d166182abcbbf6.jpg

Translated info:

The size of the AUDIO room is 6.95 x 8.70 meters.
The SUBWOOFER horns are built under the floor and have a depth of 1 meter. Each horn is driven by 8 WOOFERS of 47 cm for a total of 16 WOOFERS.
Total efficiency 110 dB / 1W / 1m. Each woofer supports a power of 400 watts for a total of 6400 electric watts. The maximum power that reaches the woofers during the highest musical passages, measured at the oscilloscope is about 60 watts per channel.
Each horn has a length of 9.5 meters and an outlet of 2.2 square meters and reproduce frequencies from 5 Hertz upwards at full power. The outlet is not the one visible on the floor, but the side panels that act as a wave guide, plus the ceiling conveyors must also be considered. The horns are calculated with the side walls for half of the 11 Hz wavelength from the woofers to the listening point.