Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high SPL, low distortion with a 2-way?

Those phase plugs are "add-on" parts, but at the same time eye-catching items.
I wouldn't accept a size mis-match either.

That said, I have yet to come across comments about poor build quality and durability of AE drivers.

I am convinced AE will sort it out, but it might take a while ;)

RCF ND940 1.4 with HF950 + Beyma 12MW/Nd OB, augmented with subs.

Crossover @ 600 Hz.

Attachments

• ND950 1.4 + HF950 + Beyma 12MWNd.jpg
    ND950 1.4 + HF950 + Beyma 12MWNd.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 406
  • ND950 1.4 + HF950 + Beyma 12MWNd_2.jpg
    ND950 1.4 + HF950 + Beyma 12MWNd_2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 317
  • ND950 1.4 + HF950 + Beyma 12MWNd_3.jpg
    ND950 1.4 + HF950 + Beyma 12MWNd_3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
The builder commented:

"Subs are Peerless 830452 in closed 30l cabs. They play clearly quieter than the Beyma 12s. I equalize to 30 Hz and you need to give 10dB correction.
I noticed that the bass is better when the subs play in mono mode. And even better when one has a reversed phase."

Having a situation with Acoustic Elegance. I was to receive the phase plugs for the 18h+'s (yeah he sent them without for some reason) some time ago, nothing came of it, I texted them and he sent them out in the next few days (pretty sure they forgot about me though he had an excuse) I finally received the phase plugs and it turns out I've been sent 2 phase plugs with about 1/4" height difference, so I let them know about it and they said the shop who made them must of made a mistake....but they haven't responded to anything since that statement. I've sent a few messages and nothing has been replied, that was last week... I think I have a pretty mild manner about myself...I am sorta scared about the quality of the woofers I bought... maybe they forgot to ... maybe accidentally the wrong glue used on the surrounds of just one of the speakers. :mad::wave: Someone tell me just be patient and it will all be ok. I sent one message a wk ago saying "do you want me to send these ones back" and another yesterday saying "are you going to send another pair to be exchanged?" and both messages are seen (you can tell in messenger) but no reply.....

I warned you! but I hope you get sorted for the sake of this thread and all the effort so far. There are a lot of disgruntled customers out there :mad:

Typical SuperMicro Workstation
7039A-i | SuperWorkstation | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.
New Egg Pricing
SuperMicro GPU 7039A-i DUAL LGA 3647 DDR4 1200W 2 x 1GB LAN PSU Workstation - Newegg.com

The unit will handle a pair Intel Cascade Lake, 2nd. Generation Xeon Processors, in Bronze to Platinum Versions, with various core counts. Depending how much performance you want, the cost could be a magnitude more than this bare bones system. I have used these systems in my business for many years and my original server is still working even though I had to recently replace the hard drives after 12 years of reliable service. To keep cost down, an earlier version of this unit, either new or used may provide the value you are looking for, particularly if you configure it yourself.

Regards, WHG

Thanks for the info. Not a problem for me to configure it or even build it as required. It looks like I have a few options for stock machines that could sit as a compute server in the basement so I wouldn't have to hear it. :)

Offloading the sims to another machine will work (I do this with @docali) but you need a proper ABEC license so the solution (solve) file can be returned. We were fortunate enough to get a license under non commercial hobbyist terms from Joerg Panzer @ R&D-Team - Software Development

I like the round Jericho too, but the horizontal polar is wider on the HvDiff and the loading is the same. HvDiff loading is also wider than the drba_SWH160_SF138_SE6P....

Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high spl, low distortion with a 2-way? _ was the radial I personally had in mind. Here's another Is it possible to cover the whole spectrum, high spl, low distortion with a 2-way? that was made.

I don't know anything about them, I didn't inspect them but we have already seen the length connection to loading amongst the tried flare rates. If I printed a small horn before attempting the 150hz Hvdiff I'd rather it be a 320hz HVDiff that I could cross at 600hz or so.

Radial horns overlaid with the drba_swh160_sf138_se6p (pinkish), from left to right [drba_radial_grt_1, drba_radial_001, drba_swh160_sf138_se6p]

One of the radials is smaller. It might be worth simulating, and maybe a trial print first build, but it does not look like it would suite your long term goals.

P.S. the sim (dxc464_01) I'm working on now had model problems so it will be delayed another day.

Attachments

• horns_overlaid-1.png
    horns_overlaid-1.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 377
Thanks, Don, for this nice overlay!

These radial horns become very wide with respect to their horizontal dimensions. So, not really what camplo intended with his size restrictions.

Furthermore, this radial horn has a rectangular throat. I remember that it took some time to have a good base model for the round driver in the simulations. Is it straight forward to adopt this to the rectangular case? I agree that it would be of high interest to see how these perform. Although, the radial is what I call a "behave to nothing" horn while the SWH is a "behave to something" horn. The radial has no overall construction wave front. Only the horizontal profile behaves to something. The vertical was chosen to get a certain mouth exit angle.

The SWH is a behave to something horn and we know that it has very good and even loading characteristics. We see this from the nearly straight trend line in the sims.

If camplo would like to build a smaller model horn he should use the same horn as the target design but only scaled down. I think 400Hz would be a good model.