Iron Pre Essentials Kits For The DIYA Store - Register Your Interest

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Almost ready for final adjustment and testing.

IMG_4879.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thanks David. The first names on the list are from August 2022 which is a long time ago. Many people's personal situations will have changed over that length of time, and only a percentage of people on the list will want to purchase. When the store sends notices to people in response to "Notify me when available" emails, the usual take-up rate is under 20%. I'm sure this take-up rate will be more, perhaps 50% or even 80%, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are still units left after all the emails have been sent (also not surprised if the opposite is true). The only fair thing to do is send out the invitations first-come-first-served though, so that's how it is happening. Good luck :)

Thank you Patrick for doing all the hard work preparing the hardware, and Zen Mod for the project itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Due to the length of the boards it won't fit in my normal preamp 230 mm depth enclosure, so I will probably put it in with my Soekris DAC board in a larger enclosure with arduino control to be used with my surround system.

So I am still debating on if I will have 1 or 2 inputs.

If I only decide on 1 input do I need to add any of the relays? I would be SE in, and SE and XLR outputs. DAC would be doing the volume control.

If I use 2 inputs, could the arduino switch the inlet relays?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Well, Jason... can you please send me the addresses of the first 200 or so receivers of the purchase agreement?

I might convince my paisan "friends" to give then an offer they can't refuse. :whistle:

Oh well, I assume that those of us in the list that won't be able to buy ( 'cause we're late in the list ) will maintain our position in the queue for the next available batch of parts?

3:46 AM.... yikes.

Thanks though. Hopefully I'll get it, if not, I guess I'll just have to wait.

Last edited:
Thanks David. The first names on the list are from August 2022 which is a long time ago. Many people's personal situations will have changed over that length of time, and only a percentage of people on the list will want to purchase. When the store sends notices to people in response to "Notify me when available" emails, the usual take-up rate is under 20%. I'm sure this take-up rate will be more, perhaps 50% or even 80%, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are still units left after all the emails have been sent (also not surprised if the opposite is true). The only fair thing to do is send out the invitations first-come-first-served though, so that's how it is happening. Good luck :)

Thank you Patrick for doing all the hard work preparing the hardware, and Zen Mod for the project itself.
@Jason checking with email I'm in the queue for the first batch (#115). But I signed two times in two different moments. First one for a SE unit and second time for a Balanced because changed mind. When I'll get the email it will be for the first (the SE only) or for both ? If I can choose I'll choose for Balanced

Michele

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Oh well, I assume that those of us in the list that won't be able to buy ( 'cause we're late in the list ) will maintain our position in the queue for the next available batch of parts?
Great question. No. The next batch of kits will be sold in the store using the normal process. There will be no queue.

Below is yet another very useful tool to help people keep track of how many are left. It might help some people get a bit more rest.

Did The Greedy Boyz Buy Them All Already?

• Thank You
Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I received Jason’s email with a link to post #655 and it wasn’t in my spam folder - yay! 🤓 This is amazing! Thanks Jason, Patrick, ItsAllInMyHead and of course Aleksandar for such a detailed and informative order process and project.

I’m on the latter side of mid pack on the list, but the count remaining link in post #674 gives me at least a little hope for this round.

I also hope you have your order in with David at CineMag already for the next batch, or the next batch could take a while - they are always catching up to demand over there (the mark of a successful product).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
"I also hope you have your order in with David at CineMag already for the next batch, or the next batch could take a while - they are always catching up to demand over there (the mark of a successful product)."

(y)

Edited to add - BTW - ItsAllInMyHead = Patrick :) I appreciate the comment. It's been a pleasure working on this project (parts shortages excluded)

- Patrick

Reactions: 1 user