Iron Pre Essentials Kits For The DIYA Store - Register Your Interest

Both coil mean 2 wires on secondary?
I think it's properly balanced.
I am asking him if he still making them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230910-041906.png
    Screenshot_20230910-041906.png
    652.9 KB · Views: 102
I got response from "Punky" that they will find two octets with Idss as close as possible (just nice to have 100% symmetry to get even better sleep at night).
I assume that I can test the PSU for function before I install the parallel JFETs. Just to be sure not to damage them. We will see.......I have built the SE version so I know which errors not to make next time :)

Now when I get very close matched JFETs it is tempting (after I got at hint) to measure DC-offset to check if 20R pot is needed or not. It would give even better "drive" of the Cinemags. We will see how "brave" I am when it comes to the "execution". If DC offset is less than 10 mV (or so).....I think I go for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I got response from "Punky" that they will find two octets with Idss as close as possible (just nice to have 100% symmetry to get even better sleep at night).
I assume that I can test the PSU for function before I install the parallel JFETs. Just to be sure not to damage them. We will see.......I have built the SE version so I know which errors not to make next time :)

Now when I get very close matched JFETs it is tempting (after I got at hint) to measure DC-offset to check if 20R pot is needed or not. It would give even better "drive" of the Cinemags. We will see how "brave" I am when it comes to the "execution". If DC offset is less than 10 mV (or so).....I think I go for it.

go for 10R trimpot

remember, Ugs is still existing

Reactions: 1 user
Well geez, I ordered the kit last night. Just what I need, another amazing project;) So really who the hell could resist this? I looked at it when the interest list was being made, and I says to myself, "Maybe you should show interest here". The main attraction to me was the use of the Cinemag transformers. This something that I have had no experience with in the past and have often wondered what the sound would be like. I got some other projects to get out of the way, but then the serious contemplation of things like layout, chassis choice, and a bunch of seemingly simple stuff has to be approached first.
I am trying not to act like a kid before Christmas morning.

Reactions: 1 users