Infineon MA12070 Class D

Or AIYIMA makes it for other companies. I have seen same stuff under brands Nobsound, Aiyima, Breeze, BRZaudio, etc.

This one is only $24 and lots of room to play doctor.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPVLI74

Aiyima is a branding/marketing company, nothing more. Nobsound, Fosi, Douk/Druk, Sanwu, FX Audio & BRZ/Breeze are similar but also integrators. There are few actual manufacturers.

Some questions. Are there 2.1 ampboards with bluetooth available(preferably the chips that have integrated DSP functionality and can be set by non-large-company individuals/consumers like me) ? If one needs separate BT board and separate ampboard is there an I2S board in the 2.1 setup that works out of the box without I2C previous setup like I read some had trouble with, I think the DSP BT settings alone will give me enough headaches :) (For a project like PaulCarmody Isetta but digital BTdsp xo). The I2S datasheet shows some specs a little inferior to analog input, why, and will BTchip I2S out to I2S ampboard outperform an analog combination??

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Richard,
You ask a very good question. I am a firm believer that analog speaker level crossovers ultimately sound better than DSP active crossovers. But that’s for the most discriminating uses where one wants to keep a pure analog system like vinyl to a Class A amp.

For many other applications, it might sound 95% as good (totally acceptable to most causal users) that a DSP based crossover can work. I did a little digging and found the cute little BT 5.0 board with TWS (so you can stick one in each cabinet for left & right) and have ability to program DSP XO, and EQ. All for $13 (minus your amp). It’s analog out though - so not sure if your I2S requirement is met but this leaves the majority of 2 Ch Class D or AB chip amps open for a remote BT active speaker application. I think 2.1 is also supported.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqEMjX0

I’m going to have to try this out. Looks like a lot of fun and quite useful.

CEB635A9-457F-4DD7-8FCE-56547AD79835.jpeg

6FDF3B95-2929-4D27-AF0C-03000AF187D2.jpeg

Isetta is like one boombox with 2 fullrange chassis' one for left and one for right in a single box with a shared w5 1138 sub (the .1 channel) in the same box, xo might need to limit bass, and eq fullrangers a little in Isetta example apply a notch. Should be easy in Isetta example. Maybe delay a little between channels, set equal gainlevels, small things.

At Mouser one can buy for ~60 euro the Infineon REF_AUDIO_D_MA12070P board, add for example the "highend" csr8675. But the reference board is not for 2.1 setup,I need to look into what needs changed or added, apart from the obvious coupling caps on single ended outputs, that might limit bass for fullrange by itself :) But for adjusting some other flaws that will occur when measuring final box, dsp functions will be nice. I mention the csr8675 because I saw a thread here with all kind of tools and problem solving (the headache might not last that long:))

A single pcb would be nicer :)

When going analog ampboard and BT output, I think some tpa32xx will be easier for me, or a tinysine ampboard for example.

Are the Tinysine amp boards with BT and DSP easy to program?

The Tinysine boards use the 1701 DSP so you need to learn SigmaStudio. If you have a good understanding of basic DSP concepts and filtering then SigmaStudio isn't hard to learn. I think people have a harder time getting the programmer to work than actually using SigmaStudio. And SigmaStudio is very well supported by Analog Devices: there's a helpful Wiki (with examples and tutorials) and you can join their "Engineer's Zone" forum to ask or search topics. Several people have also written SigmaStudio tutorials.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
JP,
Those are all high quality mods and not very expensive. Any photos of the patient, post operation?

Could this less expensive variant from AIYIMA work as well?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msV3zTu
Hi I will make some pictures when the patient survives for a longer time. Still busy with it. That other device probably will work but it has Bluetooth which simply is not as good as direct cabling so it does not catch my interest for a second. Bluetooth is polished pollution :) It also does not have the key features of A8: the air core coils (but it has output filtering which already is a good thing) and ... the opamps driving MA12070 balanced. Never would have thought I would endorse a product because it does have opamps :D Please note that I am only after good sound quality and not after features, blue LEDs, Bluetooth/wireless and any other complex and possibly time consuming way of doing thing like DSPs. So my opinion is not representative for anything at all except maybe when it is about devices just doing 1 thing the best possible way.
Hi Jean-Paul,
Do you think that it sounds as free/direct as a (my) top tweaked STA326 FDA ?
(I know that the global DAC+AMP distortion and SNR are better than my FDA).
It is impossible to tell what is better or worse than your amplifier as I haven't heard of measured it but my experiments with STA326 were OK but it probably has been superseded by newer technology?! It is 16/44.1 limited I recall (or something like that). MA12070 (so with analog inputs) is one of the better class D chips at this time it seems.

Anyway, the Aiyima A8 seems a unique product to Aiyima. It costs 52 Euro without PSU so feel free to try one out. It is a rewarding product that sounds quite nice, a surprise certainly for that price. You will get an awful complex way of processing analog audio, an army of SMD ceramic caps but also an amplifier that is worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
No wireless protocol can outperform a wire (for audio) yet and ... will it ever? What amplifier comes next is up to the user and that might be a choice not based on numbers.

Besides that it is hard enough already to build clean PSUs and have a relatively RF free environment. Why pollute that for perceived convenience? Even if wireless/BT it would be equal to a wire then one still has the drawback of self inflicted RF near and in audio.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Oh there are several way better dedicated audio solutions today to choose from. Choosing perceived convenience by means of a portable RF transmitter with at least 3 radios for reasons like "because I already have one" is a choice of no return it seems. Nice as remote control though, at a safe distance.

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Has anyone here started working on a MA2304DNS design? It uses the same switching technology as the MA12070 but has embedded DSP. The DSP looks at least comparable to what you get with the ADAU1701, and it should be great for building active speakers with crossovers, EQ, DRC, delay, etc... Since it can provide up to 19ms of delay, it could also be a good choice for multi-amp line arrays with electronic curvature.

Their design software looks easy to use, but there is limited community support for DIY users, so it is unlikely that there will be low-cost modules available for a while, at least. The evaluation board is about $220, but chips are available now from Digikey/Mouser for about $7.

I would be interested in helping with code development if someone has a board design underway.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
We baked a pie this weekend and couldn't find a function on the oven, so for first time I checked the manual, guess what? I can operate the oven from my mobile :) I am sure dedicated baking solutions exist, but this is a very good oven :)
That oven IS a dedicated baking solution with a nice remote control. Audio can be experienced like that too.