Infineon MA12070 Class D

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
No just one.

Attachments

• EF8F14FF-82AA-4A77-863C-6BAFC0DEA297.jpeg
    EF8F14FF-82AA-4A77-863C-6BAFC0DEA297.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 148
That's heavy words for relatively innocent and versatile opamps. When applied correctly one can achieve very good results. Transformers are nice but also have some imperfections to say the least.

Not too much opamps of course. Five of them is much.
I like the OPA1656 very much but if they are crammed in a very small single supply circuit that depents on tiny SMD caps before and after them, their potential is Limited.
Real good coupling caps over 2uf do not come in a tiny form factor. Or better said I don't know of any.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
salut, 4 opamp me semble normal,,,, s'il y a deux entrées. L'autre doit être utilisé pour le basculement ?
Pour le contrôle d'entrée :incertain::incertain::incertain::incertain::incertain::incertain::incertain: . ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!
The device has a bass boost circuit and a set of active outputs. That is 2 dual opamps that are often not used. I would not buy a power amplifier to connect active loudspeakers via its pre out connectors?! The bass boost is for sure an unneeded gadget.

The amplifier does not have 2 inputs, it has just 1 stereo unbalanced input. That could have been realised with just 1 dual opamp per channel.

Yes it is good to enjoy facts.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Ulimately I see no no getting around of attaching your four leads right before the chip and use spacers to let your prefered active stage, transformer, Tube, whatever hoover over the existing Board.
What about the existing circuit and 4 good caps over the ceramic ones? See earlier in this thread how that looks. Or replace the ceramic ones for 4 ultra miniature electrolytic caps?!? A small PCB with larger size SMD film caps but same pinout as the original 4 caps mounted above the 4 pins can be done.

The IC performs best balanced which poses challenges when one has an unbalanced setup. With transformers an active stage is needed for right performance. The opamps sure are the most easy solution and likely with least distortion. For really good performance with transformers real good transformers are needed unless one wants an effect generator.

Last edited:
There was a time in my audio journey when I could not tell the differents between a mediocre and a good coupling cap, simply because my brain was to busy compensating for room modes, phase anomalities and early reflections. Now I can because most of those issues have been dealt with on the software side.
Many People with adeqate listening environments and good systems spend lots of time and money on finding the right coupling cap and rightfully so. There is of course the rule of diminishing returns.
I fond my favorite affordable long obsolet coupling cap. That thing is 60mm long and I have to get inventive to integrate it. I will try but I highly doubt that a bypassed ceramic in the signal path will cut it for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
BTW A predefined assumption will result in your mind to be right.
I used those kind of hints for those who heard what I didn't hear, until I solved the room issues I didn't know I had.
Compression Drivers can sound from fabulous to irritating depending on the kind of coupling cap used.
The MA12070 chip itself is fantastic. There is no need for a different amp when all it takes is four wires sticking up 20mm from the board, to apply a proper activ stage.

Subject active stage with tiny lousy Caps.
Hardly recognizable when room issues are at play. Horns with compression drivers are very directional hence less room interactions and they have details in spates which reveals cheap caps like nothing else. Still same subject.
Subject change comes in from questioning ones hardware to questioning the listener.