• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Felipe,
If you only connected to I2S signal from a CD player, you just need the I2S fifo kit, you even don't need the dual clock board. However, you have to get a very good 11.2896MHZ low jitter clock to gain from the fifo.
Regards,

Hi Ian,

Could you recommend me a very good 11.2896MHz low jitter clock & where to buy it?

Could you tell me the pins distance of the 11.2896 MHz oscillator used in your board?

I know several very good oscillators:

Selectronic - France TXCO
Oscillateur TCXO - 11.2896 MHz - Oscillateurs de précision
I don't know if the power voltage & distance between pins is compatible with your board?

Tent Labs
TentlabsShop
I don't know if the power voltage & distance between pins is compatible with your board?

diyhifisupply TXCO
Ultimate Low jitter, Phase Accurate TCXO | Diy HiFi Supply

Wich one is the best for your FIFO?

Last edited:
Hi Ian,

Could you recommend me a very good 11.2896MHz low jitter clock & where to buy it?

Could you tell me the pins distance of the 11.2896 MHz oscillator used in your board?

I know several very good oscillators:

Selectronic - France TXCO
Oscillateur TCXO - 11.2896 MHz - Oscillateurs de précision

Tent Labs
TentlabsShop

diyhifisupply TXCO
Ultimate Low jitter, Phase Accurate TCXO | Diy HiFi Supply

Wich one is the best for your FIFO?

Hi merlin el mago,
I experienced a whole bunch of clock oscillators in the past ten months, the top two were CCHD957 and Si570. But that just a personal point of view.
CCHD957 don't have 11.2896 so far. Si570 you have to wait for my project, because of it need software driver. If you use the dual xo clock board, you can use CCHD957 22.5792. I couldn't recommend any which I didn't test.
If you really want to connect the fifo kit with the BIII DAC, what my suggestion is, just wait for a while, some very skilled guys will do it, It would be better waiting for their result. Please don't worry about the KIT, I'll reserve one set for you. You can come back to me any time you want.
Have a good day.

Received everything. Just great! Thanks a lot.

Still not ready to try it with my DAC. I may have a few questions down the road.

To start with:
-Do you have typical part number for Digikey for the small coax cable, in case I need some other lenght?

Thanks.

Good to know that, Thanks Algar_emi,
For the U.FL cables, you may try: Hirose Electric Co., Ltd. Distributor | DigiKey

Have a good night.

wow how many times must these cables be linked? they are u.fl cables and there are several manufacturers; its a standard

U.FL connector was highly recommended by qusp. He is the expert. So he thought everybody should as clear as him :) . Actually U.FL it the patent of Hirose. It's just a compact 6GHz RF connector which is widely used in cell phone and other new generation RF system. Different manufacturers may have different name for it because of that patent, such IPEX... Hirose U.FL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a good night.

Hi Ian,

any chance to order the kits at the moment ?. I am four weeks late ... :(

Cheers
Pepe

Also got a heads-up to this GB from GLTs Hifiduino Blog.

Very interested, still possible to buy kit ?

Hope I'm not too late. I would like one each of the three boards. Please see PM.
Thanks.
Simon

I found my way here from HiFiDuino too... any boards available? I need the base board plus the dual clock module.

TIA!

Greg in Mississippi

Hi Guys,
I only have 3 KITs left, but you need 4. It seems I have to take 1 from reserved. That's all available. Could you plese send me an email to iancanada.mail@gmail.com with your order info? So that I could follow up with invoice as well as my PayPal account. If more people want, I have to put them into a waiting list.
Have a good night.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Guys,
I only have 3 KITs left, but you need 4. It seems I have to take 1 from reserved. That's all available. Could you plese send me an email to iancanada.mail@gmail.com with your order info? So that I could follow up with invoice as well as my PayPal account. If more people want, I have to put them into a waiting list.
Have a good night.

Hi Ian,

The reserved one is for me? if yes I will send you and email to order.

Cheers
Felipe