• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

hi guys,

I have a fifo with spdif interface board and i need assistance on how to extend the input selector on the spdif board so i can mount the selector switches on the faceplate of the enclosure. the external control panel interface has header pins but i do not know what switches to use and how to implement it.

your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

tubo

Hi Ian .

I see pinout HDMI transmitte with Gustard's HDMI receiver different .

pic.jpg

Hi !

This I2S/HDMI board is designed for PS Audio I have to reverse polarity 2 pairs of 1,3 and 7,9 fiber HDMI cables for compatibility with Gustard X26.

Thanks Ian . . .

???GUSTARD DAC-X26 ??????? ?ES9038PRO DSP PLL-???

FiFo-HDMI.jpg

mqa.jpg

Both are technically masters, the FifoPi takes the data lines (I suspect Ian is using the clock lines of the RPI to detect the bitrate) out of the RPI and re-clocks the signal to it's own clocks and sends it off to the DAC. So the RPI has its clock and the FifoPi has another set of clocks.

Hi Ian,

I would like to ask which mode does FifoPi act with RPi? I think FifoPi acts as Master and RPi is slave, but don't sure about that

Both are technically masters, the FifoPi takes the data lines (I suspect Ian is using the clock lines of the RPI to detect the bitrate) out of the RPI and re-clocks the signal to it's own clocks and sends it off to the DAC. So the RPI has its clock and the FifoPi has another set of clocks.

Thanks Wealas, you are 100% correct.

If seeing the FifoPi from RPi side, it works in slave mode. But if seeing it from DAC side, FifiPi works in master mode.

Regards,
Ian

Hi to all the friends of the forum, I am very inexperienced, I ask please, if someone has had the experience of trying Hifiberry digi + pro with i2s output in comparison with IAN CANADA FIFOPI ULTIMATE Module Reclocker FIFO. What were your impressions?
I would like to replace my digi + pro with IAN CANADA FIFOPI ULTIMATE FIFO Module Reclocker.
Thanks for your attention, good weekend to all, greetings, Alessandro.

Hi to all the friends of the forum, I am very inexperienced, I ask please, if someone has had the experience of trying Hifiberry digi + pro with i2s output in comparison with IAN CANADA FIFOPI ULTIMATE Module Reclocker FIFO. What were your impressions?
I would like to replace my digi + pro with IAN CANADA FIFOPI ULTIMATE FIFO Module Reclocker.

interesting question;)

Maybe als a comparison to Allo Digione (Signature)?

interesting question;)

Maybe als a comparison to Allo Digione (Signature)?

Hi terry22,

I don't have such plan so far.
I think it could be really difficult to mod current PCB, because it's 4 layers.

But I've already tested separating AVCC,DVCC and ACCV into three different battery rails. Big improvement.

Regards,
Ian

Thank you for your answer Ian.
I understand that it is not an easy mod.
Maybe on your next dac?
(btw, I listen with separate avcc dvcc accv using 3 different ADM715x regulators powered by an MPAudio linear psu.)

What will be your next creation?
Will you do something with the new ak4499 dac chip?

regards,
Terry