• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

What hdmi i2s module are you using?
Is it a standard Pi HAT like module?

This one. Its an I2S over HDMI output module, my dac (Pink Faun) has an I2S over HDMI input port, so no converting in the digital domain.

One small issue is that the L/R channel configuration of the I2S module is R/L on the dac side. PiCorePlayer has an option to swap L/R channel, so no issue anymore.

first listening experience is very nice!
Setup is: raspberry 3B fet by a modded dddac power supply-> Isolator-> Kali fet by diyihk power supply with 3042's-> i2s into dddac. Roon endpoint distro besides Moodeaudio.

As previously reported the total dynamics, not only micro, are extended quit a bit! Unbelievable Ian!
Noise floor has dropped, giving a quieter and darker background. Micro details are unveiled a little bit more.
Harmonics are more fluid, more analog.

For now I'm feeding de isolator via the Kali due to the interconnection and testing. Will the sound improve when I will feed the Isolator first, feeding the Kali in its place? I would like to make sure before removing the connector or wiring, and replacing it.

Keep up the good work Ian!

Hello Ian,
Can I use your MCDual-XO to output raw MCLK from both XOs?

Best regards,
Trung

You can,

1. First, if your XOs have OE control pin, you need enable both of them rather than controlled from McFIFO. If your XOs are originally always enabled, you can ignore this step.

2. Then, you have to tap the two raw output signal from the output pin from each of both XOs.

It doesn't affect the function of McFIFO and McXO combination.

Ian

first listening experience is very nice!
Setup is: raspberry 3B fet by a modded dddac power supply-> Isolator-> Kali fet by diyihk power supply with 3042's-> i2s into dddac. Roon endpoint distro besides Moodeaudio.

As previously reported the total dynamics, not only micro, are extended quit a bit! Unbelievable Ian!
Noise floor has dropped, giving a quieter and darker background. Micro details are unveiled a little bit more.
Harmonics are more fluid, more analog.

For now I'm feeding de isolator via the Kali due to the interconnection and testing. Will the sound improve when I will feed the Isolator first, feeding the Kali in its place? I would like to make sure before removing the connector or wiring, and replacing it.

Keep up the good work Ian!

Hi JeffreyD,

Thank you for your update. Very nice setup and test. If it is possible, try better XO, you will still have some room to improve.

Enjoy your project!
Ian

Kitchen oven SMT assembling Tutorial for ADM715X PCB

I finally made this tutorial. Actually oven SMT assembling is easier than I thought, and also better quality than I thought.

Just want to share this experiencing with you. I believe everybody can make it.

I put the tutorial on gitHub, here is the link:
https://github.com/iancanada/DocumentDownload/blob/master/PowerSupply/ADM715X/SMDtutorial.md

Please let me know if you have question.

SMDtutorial2
by Ian, on Flickr

SMDtutorial7
by Ian, on Flickr

Ian

ADM715X PCB kitchen oven SMT assembling Tutorial

Just in case didn't see this tutorial, Link:
https://github.com/iancanada/DocumentDownload/blob/master/PowerSupply/ADM715X/SMDtutorial.md

I finally made this tutorial. Actually oven SMT assembling is easier than I thought, and also better quality than I thought.

Just want to share this experiencing with you. I believe everybody can make it.

I put the tutorial on gitHub, here is the link:

Please let me know if you have question.

SMDtutorial2
by Ian, on Flickr

SMDtutorial7
by Ian, on Flickr

Ian