I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Lamp Compatibility with Phillips Projectors

gloil said:
Hi

I've had the same problem as others here with the Phillips projectors (mine is an LC4445). Had a couple of explosions with the Jyd type and the latest type supplied won't start properly or stay on. Regular Philips lamps work fine.
Would be interested to know if anyone has got one one working satisfactorily with a Phillips projector.

Cheers

No correct bulb found. But if you want it to stay on, ask me for more info how to do it.

Re: Lamp Compatibility with Phillips Projectors

Could you PLEASE explain the couple of explosions Part ?? Are we talking about the Lamps that are sold here by YUW or YUE from china?? or are you getting them from a different source??
I have heard that any cement left on the lamp when installing it will cause a cooling differential that will cause a Lamp Breakage??
Could this be the case?? Inquireing Minds want to Know??

Thanks

Bohanna

gloil said:
Hi

I've had the same problem as others here with the Phillips projectors (mine is an LC4445). Had a couple of explosions with the Jyd type and the latest type supplied won't start properly or stay on. Regular Philips lamps work fine.
Would be interested to know if anyone has got one one working satisfactorily with a Phillips projector.

Cheers

No the exploded lamps weren't caused by cement on the lamp. I was very careful to avoid this having read of the problems this can cause. Also i was very careful not to touch the lamp with bare fingers.
I've now tried four lamps from YWH with the following outcome:

1st lamp - worked for a few hours then became very dim. Lamp still works but burn chamber is blackened and the light output is only usable in a totally darkened room.
2nd lamp - worked for a couple of minutes, then shattered.
3rd lamp - worked for a couple of minutes, then shattered.
4th lamp - wouldn't start properly and projector switches off lamp after a minute or so. I sent this lamp back to YWH for testing and he found it worked OK on another ballast.

The lamps that shattered did so within a couple of minutes of being turned on. Didn't cause any damage to the projector but the last one also cracked the lamp reflector.

I picked up a genuine used Philips lamp on ebay and that works no problem. The last message i got from YWH said that there doesn't seem to be a replacement lamp that's compatible with my projector. I assume this may also apply to other Phillips projectors. I was just trying to see if anyone had had any success with a Phillips Projector without having to make major modifications.

Cheers

Wow!!! First things first. Thanks for the detailed explaination.
If everyone was as detailed as you there would be a lot less angst when working with these Mods!!

Sounds Like the first three Lamps were pretty Much the same. If Lamp Number one hadn't gone so dim it would have shattered Like the other two. My guess would be some sort of a voltage Mismatch. More than Likely too High a voltage or current coming from the Ballast and Popping the Lamp.

This info is Nice to KNow. It would be intresting to see if there are any numbers on the Ballast Module so if the issue comes up again in this Forum the members would have an educated guess before advising on a Lamp

Many Thanks

Bohanna

gloil said:
No the exploded lamps weren't caused by cement on the lamp. I was very careful to avoid this having read of the problems this can cause. Also i was very careful not to touch the lamp with bare fingers.
I've now tried four lamps from YWH with the following outcome:

1st lamp - worked for a few hours then became very dim. Lamp still works but burn chamber is blackened and the light output is only usable in a totally darkened room.
2nd lamp - worked for a couple of minutes, then shattered.
3rd lamp - worked for a couple of minutes, then shattered.
4th lamp - wouldn't start properly and projector switches off lamp after a minute or so. I sent this lamp back to YWH for testing and he found it worked OK on another ballast.

The lamps that shattered did so within a couple of minutes of being turned on. Didn't cause any damage to the projector but the last one also cracked the lamp reflector.

I picked up a genuine used Philips lamp on ebay and that works no problem. The last message i got from YWH said that there doesn't seem to be a replacement lamp that's compatible with my projector. I assume this may also apply to other Phillips projectors. I was just trying to see if anyone had had any success with a Phillips Projector without having to make major modifications.

Cheers

Modify Infocus Lp350 Light?

hi I'm wondering if someone could help me with a guid
how to put a cheap but good lamp in my lp350 I got 2 for free from my school they where throwing away couse the lamps burnt out, now I'm wondering if I can put another lamp or how to modify a lamp to fit and what kind of lamp should I. Use? The original lamp is 2 expensive.
just ned a maximum of 200 w or same as original lamp, can this be done?
The lamp it self has only 2 cables on it so I don't think the pj has any check if lamp is good or not. I dont think i need to mod much if i find a good but compatible light or what do you say people?
ppllzzz

Help me...

Hi again YWH.

Ok, so I've just packed the reflector and the bulb(burner) and was going over my e-mails to see if I had gotten the mail from you with the printable address...
but I couldent find one, or rather, there was none in my inbox.
I don't know if something happened to it, but if you could be so kind as to send it to me once more?
I think I can get the package sendt sometime around this week.

The exact content of the package is:

1x Reflector.

1x Bulb(burner)

2x Small metall plates that go on opposite sides of the reflector.

2X Small metall "grill" plates that go on opposite sides of the reflector.

1x Bit from the old bulb to see how big/small the thing really was.

1X Screw for the side mount on the reflector.

1x Nut for the original bulb bit following.

I packed everything in one box and I hope I had enough bobblewrapper in there so that it doesn't breake on the way over. I'll be sending the cash around monday to wensday.

Thank you again for putting the whole thing together for me.

Janno Buzz*Bazz Himself

Hi Janno!
I think your ballast is a special type, I can not send bulb again and again. pleace send your ballast to me,so I can send it to factory to look a special bulb.

Hi djsmookie!
270W JYS/DC can replace 350

theplumber !
your bulb is 200w NSH, 200w BSM-DC can replace it, give me your email address, I will send info for installation.

Re: pb6110 lamp replacement..

theplumber said:
gday guys, im new to the forum, and i searched earlier threads to get info on replacing my benq pb6110 lamp(NSH200BQ)USHIO...where can i buy what i need and additional info for installation? your help would be greatly appreciated regards Al

thanks for the fast reply! can i buy this lamp from you? i understand the removal of the reflector and the replacement of the lamp. but instructions to do so would be great!
kind regards Allan

Re: Re: pb6110 lamp replacement..

Go Back a few Pages on this thread and Look at some of the Pictures I have Posted . also check into the DP-5900 thread as it has some Photos as well. I use the drill and dig Method of Lamp removal. Not sure what your Lamp housing Looks Like

Good Luck

Bohanna

theplumber said:

thanks for the fast reply! can i buy this lamp from you? i understand the removal of the reflector and the replacement of the lamp. but instructions to do so would be great!
kind regards Allan

lamp picture

my cam cant quite focus on the numbers but they are as stated"NSH200BQ USHIO "
allan

Attachments

• 2008-02-06-48544.jpg
    2008-02-06-48544.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 372
Re: Re: Re: pb6110 lamp replacement..

Bohanna said:
Go Back a few Pages on this thread and Look at some of the Pictures I have Posted . also check into the DP-5900 thread as it has some Photos as well. I use the drill and dig Method of Lamp removal. Not sure what your Lamp housing Looks Like

Good Luck

Bohanna

well i think the removal process is quite a fiddley , time consuming task...but where do i get a new bulb? im pretty handy when it comes to doing stuff..so i think i should be ok with the removal/replacing of the unit
regtards allan

@ gloil

I have about 6 models of the philips hopper ....
just 1 version works with a jyd lamp.... the others all got incompatible ballasts...

i had a black - Lamp too after a few hours with a jyd 150W AC.... i measured only 72V @ 1.2A ... that are about 82 W...
It also was underpowered..... with a jYS i got a Very hard noise out of the Lamp NT. I measured about 2.2 A and about 20V...... so i stopped the test... maybe it will explode....

Normaly it should be on 80 - 100V @ 1.5 A

so i think of a ballast mod if i get the time..

greetz
Psycho

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.