I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For people who cannot see pics posted by ywh, you can right click the image, select property, and then copy and paste the pic link to the address bar in your browser.

or you can click the pic below:

Attachments

• vg6o_1371[1].jpg
    vg6o_1371[1].jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,498
Re: crazy! stupid thing to try.

prime said:

I just plugged in my 400W magnetic ballast with my greyed 250W lamp.

It lite up with no problems. I let it run for a few minutes. The light was quite yellow but very bright. The yellow may be from the previous damage by the 250W eb.

Prime,

How much of a shortened life do you expect running the bulb from 400w ballast? Was there a noticable increase in brightness between that and the ywh e-ballast?

18wheeler said:
Edited fromat:
Code:
Lamp Type  Watts Operating Current  Lumens      Color  Light Ctr. Effective Arc  Bulb Diam  Average 
             w   Voltage V   A      lm         Temp K   Length    Length L mm      D mm     Life h

JYs150/A.C  150    75       2      9000  190000 7500     37       2.5               12       1000

YWH

After 10h in the hitachi projector the lamp is gary :(
I think that the hitachi ballast is not good for this lamp

With the Hitachi 150W ballast I had only about 5000K at 57V AC

If I will buy from you the 150W E-ballast, will my second (good) lamp give about 7000K?

Thanks shlomid

send back two lamps and your ballast to me,if the ballast is a unattached board.
i will check them which part is wrong, I am going to do my best with the help of the producer.
OK?
you need pay the shipping only if your don't need a new ballast.
I hope you dont need new ballast.the sizes are not always same.

to send a 150W E-ballast to you is easy.

ywh said:
send back two lamps and your ballast to me,if the ballast is a unattached board.
i will check them which part is wrong, I am going to do my best with the help of the producer.
OK?
you need pay the shipping only if your don't need a new ballast.
I hope you dont need new ballast.the sizes are not always same.

to send a 150W E-ballast to you is easy.

it was difficult to comprehend in our poor ENGLISH

:D

LAMP/ Parts in Melb Aust

Hello everyone,

Been following these threads with great interest as I'm building a proj myself.

I need help with getting parts for Aust.

Have found fresnels on US site around $25 us.
Need info on following :

1 - YWH 's lamps, looking for a 400 w halide or similar with small arc as point light source. YWH's looks like the "Guru" on lamps in China ????

2- Triplet lense, so far found these at diyprojector.com. Any suugestions on sourcing these in Aust ???

3- Elllectronic Ballast.

Any replies from Melburnians/Australians most welcome !!!
Thank you !!!!

Hi! vlass

I have 400w lamp.double end or single end? AC or DC?
I have a cheaper old Triplet lense, available,focus=310mm,price is 20$ if you need.but, to get a OHP is better way.
to find a 400 w Electronic Ballast is very hard,electromagnetic Ballast can be find everywhere. my 400w lamp need Operating Voltage=50V, Current=8A. note the type of the Ballast.
I have 400w HQI too,and its electromagnetic Ballast, its trigger.

good luck!

YWH, Wheeler,

Thank you so much for the reply !!!!

Most helpful, I'm curretnly bidding for 2 400W industrial halides with reflectors used in lighting apps. These are in Australia. Depending on price, I may use them as a starting point as they include ballasts.

I'm also interested in buying YWH's lamps but i have a few questions :

1 - Which globes have longer life AC or DC or are they much of a muchness, Any advantages with one opposed toi the other ?

I would prefer to go with DC as I am an electronics person and building a DC electronic ballast may be easier. Essentially a modified SMPS with high voltage tap for ingition voltage / pulse start and current limit.

2 - So far I've seen lots of people using globes with a colour temp of around 6K. Friend has informed me to go for something around 10K. Am I better off ??

3- What's the best way to shop from you guys...in terms of payment. Can I just make a direct deposit to a nominated account or do you have paypal, would you have a list of items that are available like ballasts, different types of lamps on a webpage ???

4 - Postage costs to Melbourne Australia ?

Thank you.

I will leave the first question for ywh.

6000K is the color temp of sunlight. If you want to recreate color faithfully, it is the color you should use. lower, too warm (red); higher, too cold (blue).

Now, why many people refer to 10K? These high color temp lamps are widely used in aquarium, because .... they are blue! just like the light a few meters under water.

I have a paypal account. The thing works like this: the payment will be sent to my paypal account; ywh will be informed, he then order the lamp for you. it takes 4-5 days for him to received the lamp. and he ship out orders every other Friday. All payments are sent to ywh by a check every month.

I suppose to have a website that list all the lamps and other thing ywh can provide. I promised to have it back online soon. But it will take a while to get it work properly.

the shipping cost is pretty much the same to all non-asian counties: $5 for up to two lamps. ywh has access to an Ushio 161 blast which can power 250W lamp at reduced power (but longer life too). The shipping for the ballast and bulb is $17 airmail, if you are interested.

vlass said:
YWH, Wheeler,

Thank you so much for the reply !!!!

Most helpful, I'm curretnly bidding for 2 400W industrial halides with reflectors used in lighting apps. These are in Australia. Depending on price, I may use them as a starting point as they include ballasts.

I'm also interested in buying YWH's lamps but i have a few questions :

1 - Which globes have longer life AC or DC or are they much of a muchness, Any advantages with one opposed toi the other ?

I would prefer to go with DC as I am an electronics person and building a DC electronic ballast may be easier. Essentially a modified SMPS with high voltage tap for ingition voltage / pulse start and current limit.

2 - So far I've seen lots of people using globes with a colour temp of around 6K. Friend has informed me to go for something around 10K. Am I better off ??

3- What's the best way to shop from you guys...in terms of payment. Can I just make a direct deposit to a nominated account or do you have paypal, would you have a list of items that are available like ballasts, different types of lamps on a webpage ???

4 - Postage costs to Melbourne Australia ?

Thank you.

So you are going to try to build you own ballast? You would probably be able to build it to the exact specs of the bulb correct?

I've used a 10K bulb before, because it was already on hand. As 18wheeler says, you do NOT want to plan to use one for a projector. They actually look crisp-white but they have miserable spectrum in the red range. In my experience the reds looked almost purple-black. When I got my 6500K bulb, the reds became bright and saturated.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That image is with a 400W 6500K aquarium bulb. No, the arc is nowhere near as small as ywh's bulb; probably 25mm at least. Also the camera adjusted the brightness a little, you can see the light coming from the next room over on left side. Image is about 6 feet high.

I really want to see a result pic with yhw's bulb, I bet the results would be better than mine and with less watts to burn!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.