How do I stop the mice chewing through my water pipes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Buy warfarin and put a cup of water next to and when they eat the warfarin they most need to drink water. When they drink the water their stomach inflated and booom they will die due to a bad full indigestion. What kill the mice it is when they drink the water.
No no no no no.
That will not work.
Put some peanut butter flavoured dynamite sticks and some cheese flavoured matches nearby.
Guaranteed to blow mice to pieces.

Normally, yes. But not if the rats have toxoplasmosis: Zombie rats: Parasite leads rodents to their death by making them sexually attracted to the smell of cats | Daily Mail Online

Even weirder: every now and then, we read in the news about police or animal-control officers raiding a "cat hoarder", a person or persons who keep dozens or even hundreds of cats in their home. Usually the authorities describe the home as stinking unbearably of cat urine, but the resident cat-hoarders seem not to be bothered by the stench.

It turns out that humans can get toxoplasmosis too, usually from improper handling of contaminated cat-litter (if you have an indoor cat, wear gloves and a respirator whenever dealing with the litterbox!) There is evidence that people with toxoplasmosis often begin to find the stench of cat urine attractive. :eek:

And, evidently, these people may also develop a deep and abnormal love for cats, which is what leads them to their cat-hoarding problem. :eek:

Absolutely terrifying when you think about it, a tiny parasite that can infect you, take over your brain, and bend your senses and emotions to suit its life-cycle.

-Gnobuddy
hmm, thats weird...sometimes the smell of burned phenolic boards and aged solder reminds me of cat pee.
Could this be the reason why some of us are drawn into electronics? :eek:

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
Thought this trap was very interesting: YouTube

It also appears to be very effective and suitable for catching large numbers of mice all in order one after the other. Would be suitable for a hard to get area that you cannot get to often.

Perfect for what the OP requires. I'm sure he could get some wood and make a 20x mouse trap with this idea.

Here is another longer term mouse trap with the ability to catch rats: YouTube

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.