Hornresp

Hornresp Update 4240-180115

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

Currently-applied filter settings are no longer switched off when the Multiple Speakers tool is selected.

Post #8000 refers.

CHANGE 2

The Loudspeaker Wizard tool can now import compound horn system data.

Post http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...rns-pipes-concepts-builds-75.html#post5307000 refers.

BUG FIX

The throat acoustical impedance chart for multiple speakers (not including tapped horns), was displaying actual rather than normalised values. This has now been fixed.

Attachment 1 shows the incorrect values and Attachment 2 shows the correct values for the default record, assuming two speakers connected in parallel.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 263
Tested multiple speakers - works fine. The EQ for the high end of the response changes when adding speakers but the low end simply gets more robust and that is what I want to evaluate. I don't need to and therefore don't bother to re-EQ. This change is sufficient to my purposes. Thanks.

Jack

And which client had you design a tapped horn sub so large that it had to lifted into his attic with a front end loader through a hole cut in the eaves :)

First off it's a front loaded horn. Tapped horns are not my cup of tea. They colour the sound way to much. Second that is a set of plans that I make available for a modest fee. I should really put them up on my website. It's a 14 hertz F3 20 plus foot long front loaded horn that rocks the worlds of quite a few people. I really had fun demonstrating that!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-and-events/168924-2010-ottawa-diy-audio.html#post2227814

Almost 8 years ago!

Notice I still did not have hair back then. :D

As for wind generators. Development time will push them out to mid summer I'm guessing.

First off it's a front loaded horn. Tapped horns are not my cup of tea. They colour the sound way to much. Second that is a set of plans that I make available for a modest fee. I should really put them up on my website. It's a 14 hertz F3 20 plus foot long front loaded horn that rocks the worlds of quite a few people. I really had fun demonstrating that!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-and-events/168924-2010-ottawa-diy-audio.html#post2227814

Almost 8 years ago!

Notice I still did not have hair back then. :D

As for wind generators. Development time will push them out to mid summer I'm guessing.

That was an awesome horn and an awesome installation...too bad the drivers are no longer available

That was an awesome horn and an awesome installation...too bad the drivers are no longer available

Tis not true!

There are drivers that are as good if not better.

Dayton Audio PA310-8 12" Pro Woofer

This one is just fine and will knock the socks off of most subwoofers with only a few watts input.

Ultimate Subwoofer 1 watt input 2 Pi Dayton PA310-8.png

One watt with 2 Pi loading.

Ultimate Subwoofer 60 watts input 2 Pi Dayton PA310-8.png

60 watts achievable with 18 hertz highpass.

Ultimate Subwoofer 60 watts input 1 Pi Dayton PA310-8.png

And One watt 1 Pi if you are in a basement.

Socks officially knocked off!